Off track is over. We were off for a month. No more sleeping in. It's hard going back to the regular schedule, but we only have to for two weeks and then they are off again. Pretty crazy!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
OFF TRACK MADNESS
Off track can be madness but it's a nice break too. Adri is in traditional school and Kaden is in traditional preschool. So in the afternoons it would be me, Alex and Abby. We went to lunch with Lindsay, Jill, and Nancy. We also went to two movies Beverly Hill Mexican dog and Twilight. We had dentist and ortho appointments. We did a lot of baking pumpkins treats. We ran errands and did some shopping. Alex did a lot of babysitting for me and other people. Abby just liked to go anywhere and then try to persuade me to buy something. She is good at that. We went to Classic, to see Santa, and a couple of Kaden's school events. It's a nice break from the hustle and bustle of school and homework, and they were pretty good.
How nice is life becoming! I went to the mall and I didn't have a stroller, diaper bag and no one cried on Santa's lap. It's amazing how life changes. In the past, if I didn't have a stroller I was chasing someone down. We went to the mall to visit Santa and then went to Geckos for lunch. Renn doesn't like Geckos and so we go there when he is not with us. It was a fun day.
Classic Skating has a mom's deal during the day. We go once every time they are off track. This particular day we stayed there for five hours. They have a bounce zone, a jungle gym, skating, and arcade. I finished a book, filed my nails, talked on the phone and watched after the kids. Abby kept falling on her bottom. She would get up and try again.
Alex helped Adri learn how to skate. Adri did pretty good on the carpet and if she was going slow.
I kept getting pictures of Kaden helping Adri all throughout the day. What a gentleman! He didn't skate, just zoomed around on his scooter.
Kaden even helped Adri pull off her skates. They were so cute together!
Then I found them sharing tokens and riding the rides together. I was afraid a boy would be left out after three girls, but Adri and Kaden and buds. They fight good and they play good.
Kaden had a Thanksgiving feast at his school. You could bring whatever you wanted for the feast. There were cheetos, Little Caesars Pizza and all the fixings for Thanksgiving. Kaden brought homemade rolls because that's his favorite.
It was a nice day to run around his teachers back yard. They had a trading post where people sold things for a fundraiser for the school. Mindy and Zander sold jewelry. We were going to sell pumpkins cookies, but too many others were selling cookies so we hid them and took them home. Abby tried to buy everything. She bought earrings, bananna bread, cookies, tamales and then I made her stop. Kaden bought a spiderman guy and rice krispie treats. Alex bought cookies and a tamale. She said that she didn't want to buy any jewelry because Irelynd would make it for free at home. She sounds like her dad. Adri had a rice krispie treat and cookies also. They had a fire pit with smores going on also. There were chickens to look at and the kids loved the playground.
Kaden and Adri. My two glasses kids. They act about the same age.
Kaden would not go sing his songs by himself and so Adri went along. He doesn't do very well when we are around. He turns into a mama's boy. His teacher, Miss Carol, is leading them in this picture. She is so patient, kind and sweet to these kids. I don't know how she does it.
One of the students cousin came and did an indian dance. He was only 8 yrs old and had been doing this for 3 years. He was very cute and the kids enjoyed him.
Kaden's school also took a field trip to Thanksgiving Point. They had a Thanksgiving Party and got to see all the animals. Alex and Abby wanted to come along also. Adri was in school that day. We didn't tell her about it. Mom and Kaden by the Billy Goats. He loved feeding them.
Alex and Abby would not put on their bonnets. I made them for a picture. I had to act mean to get them to do it. They are too cool for pilgrim hats. They did a couple of crafts and then made turkeys out of food. (graham crackers, frosting, hershey kiss and oreo) It didn't look very good, but it tasted good.
Abby had fun on the horse. They could only go once and they wanted to go more.
Alex go the big horse because she is so big.
Kaden loved riding on the horse.
Kaden's turkey.
My poor Kaden. I don't know if he has ever been to Thanksgiving Point that he can remember. I use to go more places, but now that my kids are getting older we do different things. He loved the animals. He sat and fed the ducks for awhile. This is a picture of him talking to Tom Turkey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment