Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Girls Only-Nutcracker!

Alex insisted that we go to the Nutcracker this year. All because of Alex the girls decided to go.
Grammie girl came with because she is one of the girls. They all did pretty good except for Abby and Adri got a little restless towards the end. We had snacks to keep them occupied. Alex, Grammie and I were in to it the whole time. Ballet is so incredibly beautiful and I'm glad I have girls that I get to watch in Ballet. I hope they continue to love it and get better and better.

This is the very end when they all come out and take a bow. Some of the men were not so manly and cute, but other men were very good and masculine. There were ballerinas on point and Alex critiqued them all. I have no idea what I'm looking for so it's funny to listen to Alex. She must be learning something from Anne.

I know this is fuzzy, but our favorite of the whole nutcracker is the lady with the big hoop skirt with little girls hiding underneath. It's really a guy and you can see his ugliness. He is in the back with his mouth open. He is so funny and ugly. The little girls were adorable. We went to the Nutcracker at Mount Jordan Middle School for a trial run before we go to the real Nutcracker down town next year or later. The girls are getting old enough to sit through a long Nutcracker.
I remember my Grandma Nelson took all of the girls in her family one year and it was a lot of fun and I'm sure very expensive. I was pretty young and barely remember it. I hope we get to go to the Nutcracker for years to come. Thanks Alex!

No comments: