Wednesday, December 3, 2008

HALLOWEEN MADNESS

My kids dressed up differently for different occasions. I can proudly say this year that we did not spend any money on costumes. We had all of these costumes from dance and past years. You are welcome Renn!!!!!

These are their trick or treating outfits. Kaden loves being a scary guy every year. Hopefully one year he decides to be something different. Adri was a Rock Star. With her new pinkish, purplish thick glasses, she is often called a rock star by her dad, therefore the costume goes a long with her new glasses and nickname. Abby was one of the Wiggles. She would not wear it to school for fear of laughter from piers. She wanted to wear it trick or treating. She doesn't make a very handsome boy. Alex was Lucille Ball. She had to do a report on a historical figure and wear the costume to school. Luckily she did a Production dance last year in I Love Lucy.

Alex always has to pick out the largest pumpkin every year. Could that be because she is the oldest and has something to prove. Oh well more guts for her to clean out. She is getting old and very cute in braces. She looked all over to find the perfect pumpkin.

Abby was getting discouraged finding the perfect pumpkin. We got them the Wednesday before Halloween. They were picked over. Big Sis Al stepped in and they walked all over to find the perfect pumpking for Abby. This year she had to have a big one too!

Cute Adri could be talked into a small pumpkin still. Thank goodness because she needs help getting out the guts. She loves to pose for pictures. This is her new uniform. It's so nice having a uniform and knowing what they are going to wear everyday.

Kaden had to pick out many pumpkins before narrowing it down. He picked a smaller one also. He is wearing his patch and isn't even dressed up. He loved walking around and putting pumpkins in the wheelbarrow. The wheelbarrow had to mysteriously dump some pumpkins.

Cute little McBrides all trying to smile. That's a joke these days to get all eyes on the camera.

Kaden and mom working hard getting out the guts. I don't like this part too much. I would rather carve than get my hands all gooey.

Alex, Adri and Abby. The kids put on an assortment of bibs and aprons trying to stay clean.

We are all done. Renn carved most of the pumpkins with help from paper drawings from the kids. Good thing they are not particular because our carving skills need improvement!!!!

Kaden is a SCARY GUY! He loves to wear the wig and look scary. One day he might change his mind. But for now he sure is cute.

This ugly witch made witches brew at Kaden's school. Her nose almost fell in the brew. Kaden had a fun school party and invited his mom. He didn't want to leave my side. He is kind of a mama's boy when I am around so I try not to be around very often.

I've never seen Kaden hold so still. He really liked getting his face painted at school. He was a blue spiderman. He sure has his funny ideas. That's why we love him.

Kaden is on the second row on the far right. I had to push him in the picture. He wanted to sit on my lap and nowhere else. One day he won't like me so I better enjoy it. You might see my arm and half of my body. I tried to lean out of the picture. Miss Carol and Miss Rebecca sure looked cute as fairies.
Kaden and Renn went trick or treating. He sure got a lot of loot. We have a very generous neighborhood. Kaden went to the two circles and then decided he was done. Cute boy!

Another party for mom. I went and helped do GHOST (Bingo) at Adri's school. They had all sorts of food. It made me sick all the junk Adri had for two hours. They had bags of candy, carmeled apples, cupcakes, juice and more candy for the games. She didn't need to go trick or treating. Adri likes me by her at school also but she is getting better. I'm not that nice.

Adri and her buddy Allie. Allie lives next door and is 4 yrs old. The two are best friends. We don't have many to choose from and Adri gets along with her so well. We are thankful Allie lives by us. Allie borrowed Adri's witch costume from last year. They went trick or treating with Allie's mom because Adri would not go with dad and Kaden.

Adri went a little further than Kaden and got really good candy. She told us that Allie's mom and dad made her give them half of her candy. I don't know the story behind this but she wasn't too happy about that. She still had a lot when she came home. Someone gave out gatorade in case they got thirsty while they were out!!

Abby was an ugly witch at school and the Wiggles at night. She had an ugly wig on and her face painted green. This is at the school parade outside. It was so nice this year they held it outside. I was not able to help in Abby's class for the party but I will for Christmas.

This is Abby and her buddies. Kailey, Dakota, Breeonah, Abby and Sadie. She is short compared to the rest of them. They all wanted to leave at 4:30 p.m. Isn't that crazy. I tried to take pictures and took my time until 5 p.m. Abby missed dinner to start early. They were also done early. I didn't get a picture of her loot because she had a sleep over with her friends.

Alex and Abby went to a Halloween party earlier in the month. Abby was a pirate and Alex was a dead hooker. I told her that I did not like that name and we came up with a dead punk chic. Her face was painted white and she stuffed herself. I can't believe that is starting all ready. I'm glad they went together because she went to a polynesian party and there were a ton of people there and my two little ones got lost in the crowd. They sure had their eyes open to a different culture. This party was loud and they knew how to dance. My girls were shy.

Alex was Lucille Ball. Her report and posterboard were done very nicely. She is growing up so fast and is fun to be with one on one. The different stages of their lives sure change fast.

I helped at another party in Alex's class. Kaden followed Alex around and they are playing Don't Eat Spookie in this picture. Kaden had a ton of fun with Alex. They made spiders and decorated cookies. A scary lady all dressed up came and did a little act. What a production these class parties tend to be.
We ate dinner at the Brown's house. They live in our neighborhood. We had soup, breadsticks, and dessert. It was fun to see their house and watch them get ready for Halloween. Alex went trick or treating with Irelynd Brown. They had pillowcases full of candy. Their feet were tired. Alex was so worried Abby was going to get more candy because she left earlier than her, but Alex stayed out later and they had about the same.

Alex and Irelynd had a sleepover and compared and shared their candy with all of us.
We were not home for most of October and so it's a good thing we didn't have to find any costumes. The kids all had fun. We didn't get out Halloween decorations until the day before Halloween. Abby was in tears that we did not have any up. That's what happens when all your vacations are planned in the same month!!! I hope that doesn't happen again. That is why Halloween was madness at the McBrides.

No comments: