Wednesday, December 17, 2008

GIRLS NIGHT OUT!

I love girls night out. These girls have been my friends for almost 12 years. They all lived in my first ward right after Renn and I got married. We all go to dinner once a month and have for years. Whosever birthday is that month gets to pick and the other months we vote on a place. We have a lot of fun together. We use to go do play groups when our kids were smaller and we didn't have crazy schedules. Now we take the kids out a couple of times a year, but we meet every month for dinner. We live all over now from Centerville to Evanston to South Jordan. In the picture is Lisa (who had surgery the day before and showed up) Tara(who was in the hospital and had a preemie earlier this year) ME, Danielle (Dani as her friends call her), Janet(who surprised us from Evanston), Nancy(the Mexican of the group), Tawni(34D we call her), and Jolee(we have Roosevelt in common). We were missing Robyn because of kid performances. We missed her. We had white elephants for the Christmas party this year. There were some good ones. A few were the burping key chaing, Shave With Me Barbie, Mexican tree ornaments, old movies and popcorn, Kegger Costume, Being married to him would drive you to drinking gift, and a real Jazz signed mounted picture. Is that a white elephant. It was a fun and entertaining night. We have so many discussions it's hard to hear everyone. There is never a quiet moment amongst us.

There have been times during our years of dinner that we all watched our weight and ordered boring food. Not anymore. Dessert is usually on the menu for this crowd of girls.

We went to Chilis because we love the chips and salsa and dessert. Renn doesn't like it there and so it's a fun place to go with the girls. The back room is nice to hang out. Some left early, but the rest of us stayed until 10p.m. They kicked us out. J/k We had such a nice waiter that our dessert was free. I think it was our beauty and charm. I love you guys and I look forward to our dinners every month. Can't wait to see where we all are in 12 more years.

2 comments:

Robison's said...

Natalie! Your blog is so flippin' adorable! you have some dang cute pics! I will update my blog and add your blog to mine, I will be checking yours out often! :) See you at Christmas!

tawny said...

Oh so cute! Ha Ha Ha...you had me laughing out loud at some of your adjectives for us! Girls night is such a flippin fun night. I am sooo proud of you for the Vanilla DC and sharing dessert with Danie...finally some splurge you super skinny girl! Love your blog.