Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Sunday!

Since all my kids are different sizes and now we have a boy, I try to match or do the same color for their Christmas attire. This year it was silver and black. Renn hates the red, velvet, Christmas dresses so we stay away from that. This years clothes they can wear them all winter. I made Renn and I match too. Kind of funny, but we don't look too matchy matchy. What a cute Christmas family. We all wear the clothes on Christmas Sunday. I love Christmas Sunday because our ward does a fabulous job during Sacrament. There is always a ton of music, with flutes, organs, violins and beautiful voices. What better way to get you in the Christmas Spririt. We always have good speakers also. The kids pay attention more and we love the true meaning of Christ that is shared with us. It puts Christmas into perspective. My mom and dad truly gave me the gift of loving music. They both sing and my mom plays the piano. I truly have a love for music which my parents gave me.

That night we went to see Christmas lights. This is a Robison family tradition. I can remember thousands of Christmas houses and lights throughout the years. My mom and dad would enter in South Jordan's lighting contest and win. My house isn't the best, but I sure love those houses that are fabulous. We went to a couple light and music syncrhonized houses with my little family. I am passing on the love of lights. We look up favorite holiday houses and then go find them. My favorite house growing up was a house in WVC and a grandpa decorated it-every nook and cranny. We would get out and walk around the house. It was on the corner and the backyard was mostly decorated. He had music playing as you walked around. He has since died and the Christmas lights are not there anymore. That is my all time favorite house. My kids are going to remember the house with the synchronized music. We park and watch it for at least 10 minutes. Kaden is so mad when we leave.
My house has the nativity in front. My mom and dad gave it to me when they moved from my childhood home and now they have no room for it. My house growing up had 7 or more Christmas trees and it was decked out. My parents would take a week to put everything up and then a week to take it down. You knew it was Christmas inside and out at the Robisons. I love that Christmas magic. They still decorate, but not as crazy. Renn has not always been grateful for storing the nativity, but I have a list of people that would take it. I get it out and put it up and then Renn usually takes it down. We have had so many compliments. Thanks mom and dad for all the Christmas memories. I have always loved and admired my parents Christmas spirit. We are not as crazy at our house, but I hope my kids feel the same Christmas spirit at our house.

1 comment:

JW and Alli said...

I have the same memories and my favorite house was the one in WVC, too!!! My Christmas memories are great. :)