Wednesday, December 17, 2008
12th Anniversary!
Amongst the hustle and bustle we found a couple of hours to ourselves for lunch and shopping. We didn't think about how hard it would be to celebrate our anniversary on December 13th once all the children and life started. We find a way every year. Some years are better than others.
Renn had an insulation meeting at our house that morning. He got up and helped me clean the whole house before the meeting. He is always willing to help me out and make my life easier. After the meeting we opened some gifts from each other and cards from the kids. The kids gave us cards like "I love you mom even though you yell at me!" Thanks to Abby for that one. Alex gave us coupon books and Kaden and Adri made I love you cards and Happy Anniversary. Renn opened his gift from me and asked if we were going to an ugly sweater party. Isn't he honest. I knew when I bought his sweaters that he would not fall in love with them, but I liked them and tried to convince him. The one he has on looks nice. He thinks it makes him look like a little guy. He needs to wear his size and not a bigger one. He's got a nice body and works hard at it. I got a book written by Glenn Beck "The Christmas Sweater." I just started reading this year and that was a perfect gift because I need a new book to read. I'm excited to start when I get time.
We went to Johnny Carinos for lunch. There was no one in the parking lot at 12:45 p.m. We called to make sure they were open. I think the snow and the need to Christmas shop scared everyone away for lunch. We got our first real snow storm. Carinos is one of our favorites. Renn gets Chicken Scallopini every time. He is in heaven. I get that sometimes and other times I get Chicken Artichoke dish. The bread and Vanilla Diet Coke was awesome. We were the only people in the restaurant most of the time. Later two other parties came in. It was nice and quiet. We then went shopping to the mall and Old Navy. The mall was fun to walk around because we weren't standing in any lines just returning some stuff. People are crazy to shop for reals on Saturday. The mall is crazy this time of year. It's fun to people watch. Alex babysat while we were out. It was nice to get out for just a couple of hours. Tonight was our Ward Christmas Party and we put the kids before ourselves. Nice Parents!
Renn opening his gifts and ugly sweaters. Renn and I are not really cheesy. I wrote him a nice note and he said that I didn't believe all those things. How rude. It was sincere. I do love him and he is a very good husband, father and provider. I never go without and I'm sure I never will. We have a good time together and the past 12 years have been fabulous. Thanks Rennie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment