Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Annual Nelson Christmas Party!

This picture didn't come over in order so it's first. Here are the boy cousins, uncles, and grandpa. Hackwells were a good number of them.

This is what it's all about. Family, food, traditions, memories and love. I love Jill My Cousin. I call her that because she is my cousin and not Lindsays. It's a joke. I shared her with Lindsay and we three had a blast together growing up. We dated together, worked together, had babies together, nursed together and played together. No we are not TWINS. She is one year younger than me. Her b-day is April 8th and mine April 9th. I don't see her very much because we each have crazy kid schedules and she works 10 jobs. We love family parties.

All the girl cousins at the party. Hackwells make up most of us. Alli was missing and some of Chuck and Kerry's girls. Jill got the best picture but she didn't email it to me in time.

My Great Grandma Keele gave us lifesave books many Christmases when we were all little. She passed away a couple of years ago. Grandma Nelson wanted to remember that tradition and she gave all of her great grandchildren lifesaver books. They loved them. I love the old traditions when we use to have the Nelson party on Christmas Eve with life saver books and pinatas. We would look for Santa on the way home. The Nelsons always had fun.

This picture is Ashleys last. It's from last night and she is having a c-section today. I'm waiting for the call. She is measuring big and the doctors think the baby is too big for her little body. Matthew and Ashley have the name but they won't tell anyone. What's up with that? Grammie Girl and Grandma Nelson are in the picture also.

Here are some of the Nelson siblings lounging. Bonnie, Uncle Vern, Aunt Sherri, and my dad. We had the party at Aunt Sherri's clubhouse. It was nice and cozy.

There was a game room and a movie theater. The kids were gone for most of the night. It was nice just to talk with the adults. Renn and Abby playing fuzzball.
Alex was playing Lucas, Jill's second oldest, and she kept asking him if he was going to let a girl win him. She is two years older. She won and thought she was cool because she won a boy. It would have been cooler if he was her age. Let's just face it Alex thinks she is cool no matter what. Alex and Abby really love playing with Sarah and Elizabeth, but I didn't get a picture.
Adri kept talking about Brittyn on the way home and how nice she was to Adri. Here they are playing fuzzball. Kaden kicked Leah, Jill's daughter, in the nose and she got a big bloody nose just before we left. Aren't family parties fun? It was an accident Adri insisted. There are about 86 of us Nelsons with some adopted into by marriage. There is one more on the way that I know of. Not everyone showed up, but most did.
Thanks Aunt Sherri for another fabulous Nelson party. I love all you guys!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Awesome post!! You did it well. It was really fun...crazy, but fun. I hope you and your cute fam. have a great christmas!! See you around...somewhere. Maybe???

Lindsay said...

Aww your nativity scene looks so good! I don't even have lights up this year. And I like Renn dressed as Santa. And your family picture is cute! I only have 2 kids and even their Christmas outfits don't match. Glad you saw my cousin Jill, hehehehe!!!! You guys look awesome! Did Matthew's wife have her baby? What's the name?

Jill said...

My cute cousin....I love you so so much. I want to see more of you. Promise, this year. We really have done almost everything together, you have saved my life so many times. I need you!! Your family is so darling. Lets play!!!