It's so fun to have the Bass family in town. I know we will be busy the whole time and my kids will not get bored. It helps summer pass while having fun. We make lots of fun memories and cherish the few weeks we get to see them a year. It wasn't as hard saying goodbye because we are going to see them in six weeks. Yay!!! Lexi is being baptized and a few of us are going to visit. We are lucky. Why can't they just move home!!!!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
BASS ATTACK Part II....
For Mother's Day, I gave my mom a certificate to a pedicure. I had to wait until Alli came so we could share this moment together. This was my mom's first pedicure ever. Yes EVER!!! My dad thinks its a little worldly and a waste of money. I bet he wouldn't think that if he got one. Anyways, my mom loved it. Alli and I loved it. It was a fun hour getting a seat massage and our feet taken care of. The little lady said that my mom's feet were some of the softest that she has ever felt. My mom does not wear sandals. She wears shoes in the summer. I think this might become a tradition every year. My mom said she would do it again. Yay!!!
Paybacks times six for me. When I came home, six girls now wanted pedicures. It was a fun way to spend the day with my girls and Alli's. They ate lunch and got pedicures. All of them chose their colors, got their feet washed and lotioned, and a flower sticker. They all loved it and it was free. I love clean, pretty toes.
That night we had our summer park Nelson family reunion. All of my Aunts and Uncles were there, along with most of my cousins. It was a little warm that night, but it was fun catching up. The kids had fun playing with more cousins and the adults enjoyed lots of conversation and food. It was at Riverton Park and G & G Nelson were in charge.
My mom has five siblings and there are quite a few of us. We took over the park. Uncle Jay played soccer with the kids and a few of us played catch the football. Alli and I were having a competition for a minute, but I had heels and a skirt on. I couldn't move like her. Then all of our kids joined in and it was too much. It was fun watching the kids play games together. I love my NELSONS. It's always fun to get together and it's nice that Alli was here for the fun.
One day the kids made sun catchers and we toured more of Day Break. The kids were covered in plastic bags and loved painting. They turned out really cute. It kept them busy for awhile. Alli and a few of us went to SODA ROW, Ooooo La la (Opsie Daisy), and drove around the Gem Car. There are restaurants in Day Break, a boutique shop and almost a bank. It's quite the little community. Fun to drive around.
Last Wednesday, we went to the Splash park with all the little ones. Heather was in town for a dentist appointment and Ashley and Pita came along too. It was a fun couple of hours. We ate lunch and watched the kids play. It's so nice to have cousins around and kids to play with. They were entertained for a few hours. The little toddlers are so cute. My kids have so much fun with them. Abby of course was a little mother. After the splash park, we went to my neighbors pool who were out of town. They gave us free reign to their pool while they were gone. We loved it. Only the Bass family came. The others went home for naps. The kids swam for a couple more hours. I love summer. They are worn out every night and sleep so good. Having a pool for a week was a dream. I wouldn't mind having one myself.
Friday was the last day to see the cousins. They left early Saturday morning. My mom and Jay took the kids to the dollar movies, while Alli and I went to Zupas for lunch. It's fun having a sister around. I only wished it was more often. Lunch was great and I didn't even care that I missed the movie. haha. We had fat Kate with us and she was so good. We all ended back up at Grammies for the PLAY. Every time the Bass family comes to town, Alex and Emma head up a play. We have had three little bears before and this year it was Little Red Riding Hood. Every extra minute while the Bass family was here, the kids worked on the play. They put together a bill fold, costumes, and the written parts. They did a great job. G & G Nelson came over for the play too. Lexi was the narrator, she reads so well, Emma was the wolf, she was really mean, Abby was Little Red Riding Hood, she talked quietly, and Alex was the mom and grandma, loved her grannie costume. Papa was the woodsman who came to the rescue. My dad is an actor through and through. I guess they get this from him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy crap girl!!! I have been so out of the loop!! I had major catching upp to do!! I love all your Bass pictures...I can only imagine how much fun that has to be for you two and your kids!! xoxo Btw...Talk to Ms Taylor and cute Kaden is on her class list...I am so excited for you both! You will so so love her!!
Aww, I miss them.. I so wish I could have been out there a whole lot more to play with you guys. You guys sure had A TON of fun stuff planned. Good for you guys! So glad you could spend a lot of time with your sis. We love the Bass Family. Sad they are gone. Thanks for doin the whole splash park thing w me. That was way fun for the kids, and a nice time to hang w you guys. I think I will steal that collage sometime and put it on my blog.. As soon as I update it.. Great job on the post!!
what?! where is my comment?? that's weird! I did one (long ago..) hmmmm!
ANyway, I love love the pedi's and your cute painted toes! You party hard when the Bass Familly is in town..I love all your pictures. Sister love is the best. and it is forever. Now I know exactly how this whole experience feels....it's hard to say goodbye but it makes you appreciate each other EVEN more! love it. and luv the pic of u and Renn :)
Isn`t there gonna be a part 3?????! After all I am a Bass.
Emmy
Post a Comment