Thursday, July 1, 2010

FATHER'S DAY.... A week later...


Last year we were in Lake Powell over Father's Day and this year it was the same story. Our timeshare falls on that Sunday. We will just celebrate it a week later. It gives me a chance to do something nice for the men in my life with just our little family. I think it is much more meaningful. Renn got some fun presents for father's day. He got a fire pit, which the kids are so excited about, some Creme Soda, ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH and some other fun goodies. I tried to put the firepit together by myself, but I asked Renn to step in half way. It went much faster. The fire pit is a looker. We are going to use it tomorrow for Adri's bday. She wants a camp out in the back yard. We will see how that goes.
My dad always requests a card with messages of service that we have done throughout the year. I wanted to do something different and special for him this year. I arranged it with my mom and last Saturday morning we showed up at 830 a.m. to mow, trim and weed the yard. My mom and dad were coming home from a walk and this is what they saw. My dad was so surprised. He had no idea. He loved it. I loved taking my kids and doing service for my dad the most giving person I know. It was a great Saturday experience. I think we will do it more often. Renn and I mowed and trimmed, the girls picked weeds, Alex mowed some of the time, and Kaden pretended with his trimmer. Grammie gave them all popsicles for breakfast. Don't my mom and dad look cute on their walks. HEHE
Last Sunday I had Father's Day dinner at my house. I tried to do everything without asking Renn to help. I wanted him to know that it was his day and he was special. I had three very special father's over in my life that day. Renn is the love of my life and my children's dad. He treats me so well and is always trying to please me and make me happy. He gives us a great life and takes great care of all of us. He is giving, hard working, loving, kind, determined, and mean when he has to be. My kids and I love Rennie tons. I had over my dad. My dad has devoted his life to service in the temple, his stake and to everyone around him. He is one busy retired man. He has always been an example to me and raised me with a great foundation. I love him. I also had over my Grandpa Nelson. I love that man to death. I've always been his princess and he makes me laugh. He has been a big part of my life and now my kids get to see him all the time too. I'm one lucky gal to have three great father's in my life. Renn's dad is a great father too, but he is serving his mission in Africa. He is a hard worker there and I love the example he is to us on his mission. We had a bbq with hamburgers, salads, fruit and my grandma's yummy carmel dumplings with ice cream. It was a beautiful day sitting out on the deck. It's the first time we have used it this year. It was an awesome day. I hope the men in my life realize how much they mean to me and I LOVE THEM!!!!
Last week of school and I have so much to blog about!!! YAY!!!

4 comments:

tawny said...

HOly smokes this post made me cry.
thanks a lot! It was so sweet..You are so blessed to have such great "men" in your life. and I totally LOVE the surprise service for your dad. Oh I love that idea...u are always giving me good ones.

Love the firepit too...sweet gift. Perfect for Renn. Maybe someday I can sit on your porch too...ahhh. one day!!! loves to you girly!!!

tawny said...

and can't wait wait for Mon and/ or tues!! wahoooo. thanks goodness for $100 flights baby!!

Janeen said...

You guys are so sweet! What a great idea! Our grandpa is the cutest thing ever...!

Rebekah said...

Hey! We just got a firepit too. Great minds think alike:-)