BASS ATTACK Part 1.........
The Bass family finally arrived late Tuesday July 6th. We didn't get to see them until Wednesday morning. As usual, we jam packed the 10 days full of fun. That is why I had to do two parts. Wednesday night the kids went to Mutual with Alex and Renn to a primary activity. I got to stay home and clean up. The peace was nice. The kids played water games and had their faces painted. They all had sleepovers. This year Kaden and Jay got to have a sleep over. Lexi, Adri, Jay and Kaden slept at my house, while the older girls slept at Grammies. They were soooo good. They went to bed in Adri's room around 10 p.m. and Renn and I didn't hear a peep. Kaden and Jay loved being included. They are five now.

Wednesday, during the day, we had a park adventure in Day Break. We explored some different parks and rode the Gem Car all over Daybreak. Its a little village in Daybreak. So much to see and do. We had so much fun with the different toys at the parks. Alli had me try all the spinning rides. They were so fun and fast. Wow have they improved since my merry go round days. The kids loved the parks, but then it got a little hot.

It was lunch time at Grammie's and then off to some more parks. I drove all the kids to the zip line. There is a long slide to get to the zip line and also some swings. We all took turns.

All of the kids rode the zip line including Brenna. It was youngest to oldest and they couldn't wait for their turn. I took mine last. It was pretty fun. I decided to be adventurous like Alli. The sprinklers came on and the kids got wet. They loved the long slide too. Baby Kate was sleeping and Alli stayed with her at Grammies. She is so cute and FAT. She is five months old and around 17 lbs. I said all week that she is pear shaped. She is so FAT, but cute too.

After the sleepovers, we headed to Murray Pool on Thursday. It's tradition. We love Murray Pool. We packed our lunches and stayed for a few hours. The kids loved the slide and jumping off the diving board. Alli and I had to go down the slide with the little ones. I usually don't, but I was nice mom today. Abby was the biggest mom. She would go down with Jay or Brenna all day, until a life guard told her she had to be 18. She kept trying. I would look around for Kaden and he would be on the diving board. He is too brave sometimes. The kids all got a long and swam their hearts out. Alli has a nice tongue. It's so nice to have cousins around.

Friday was Papa's bday. For some reason, my mom thinks we have to have kid parties on their bdays. My dad was a good sport for being 65. He really got tired toward the end of our field trip. We went to Thanksgiving Point petting zoo first. Ashley, Pita, and Justin all came along with the Bass and McBride families. My dad is so nice to spend his bday with us at kid stuff. He tried anyways. The kids enjoyed all of the animals. I think their favorite part was feeding the goats.

The baby goats were so cute. The kids hand fed them. I love the pigs the most. Maybe because I am a pig at times. Haha. We stopped for lunch on the grass and then headed to the Dinosaur Museum before it got too hot outside.

We have never been to the Dino Museum. I think Kaden and Jay were in heaven the most. It turned out to be a fun day, but the kids got really tired towards the end. We jam packed Papa's bday. Papa had to take a nap too. The kids got their faces painted. We watched a movie on sea dinosaurs. Alli and the kids had fun with the light/dark screen that left their images when the lights went off.

Kaden and Jay were in heaven in the two different sand digging activities. They could have stayed longer, but we had to tell them it was time to leave. Everyone was exhausted. All the different dinosaurs were very cool to see and all the different activities. It's a fun place. We love Grammie and Papa for taking us there. It was a fun field trip.

F
Friday night, we went to Grammie and Papa's for Papa's pizza party. We relaxed after a long, fun day. Papa also had carrot cake for all of us. When Alli is in town, grammie has all sorts of junk and we pig out and get fat. Kate was onery, so Abby and the girls took her out on a blanket while the adults chatted inside. It's so nice having Mom Abby around. Happy Bday to Papa. It was so nice of you to share your bday with us. I know that's exactly what you wanted to do. Hehe. He was a good sport. Everyone showed up except for Jordy and Heather. We miss them. David, Dawn, Matthew, Ashley and G&G Nelson. Quite the party.

Saturday was Adri's baptism and I already posted that. It was also a fun day with the Bass family and the rest of the cousins. On Sunday we all met for dinner at Grammie's. Aunt Ashley planned a parade for the kiddos. She brought all this stuff to decorate grammies toys and the Gem cart. The kids were busy after dinner for awhile. Chelsea drew this amazing picture of Grammie's house in the road. Maybe if we all sat in the road and drew, we would all be amazing. It was funny to watch her. Uncle Jay helped Kaden draw a cool picture of a dragon. It turned out awesomely. The parade was a hit and the kids loved it. Thanks Aunt Ashley for entertaining the kids. We love Sunday dinners when everyone is around. We missed Jordy and Heather again.
As you can see our first week was definitely attack of the Bass family. The second week was just as busy. I know if Alli lived here, life wouldn't be exactly like this. We would do things here and there. But since we only see them a couple times a year, they attack us or maybe we attack them. Haha. Part 2 coming up.......
2 comments:
I'm kind of sad reading this. It was a great trip and hard to leave. You do such an awesome job journaling it all! I can hardly remember what we did. I guess I better download my pics. :) Can't wait for part 2!!
Your collages are getting cuter and cuter! what's up?!
so fun...sister love. You guys played hard...what a life. Love it. You and Ali are so cute together.
now it's my turn...in 14 hours I will be heading to the airport to pick up 5 girlies! yay yay yay.
wish it was YOU too! loves.
Post a Comment