Thursday, August 5, 2010

Half of the kiddos are BACK IN SCHOOL!!!!
Tuesday was Kaden's first day of kindergarten. It's such a weird feeling knowing that all of my kids are in school. They grow up way too fast. It's nice, but half day kindergarten feels like nothing. Next year all of my kids will be gone the whole day. Wow!!! I didn't shed a tear. Abby and Alex are still home with me and maybe that's why I was not sad. I still love him though. I was so happy for him because he was so happy to be in kindergarten. His teacher is Miss Taylor and she is super sweet and nice. He has 14 girls and 7 boys in his class. Lucky teacher, I think. Kade lost his glasses two days before kindergarten so he has to start school without glasses for a week. I hope he can see. He is so handsome. I still have lots of time with my boy in the morning. The second day he insisted on riding his bike by himself. I followed him after awhile. That boy has no fear and is so independent. He made it safely there. I still don't trust him. I will be following for awhile.
Adri made it to 2nd Grade. She has five of her friends from 1st grade in her class. She is super excited. She started last week. She is so blond and never knows if someone says something mean to her or if her teacher gets after her. She always smiles. Wouldn't it be nice to be that way.
This year is going to be crazy at the McBrides. I have one traditional middle school daughter, one 5th grade D track daughter, Adri and Kaden are on A track, and Kade is half day. This year is going to be crazy. Good thing I don't work. I couldn't. Not with this schedule!!! I'm so sad summer is closing. I look forward to it all year and year round does not help. Camp did not help this year either. I was consumed with it while my kids were on summer break for 1 month. There is always next year!!!

3 comments:

tawny said...

OMG your schedule exhausts me. I thought I had it bad...I have 3 diff schools but all traditional. Oh well, we can be cell phone buddies driving back and forth for eternity :)

The pics of Kade are adorable...he is such a handsome guy. I can't stand the thought of summer slipping away and all our crazy schedules beginning!

I just think I need to plan a girly weekend for us....(maybe soon-ish :) loves girl!

Jana said...

Lol....I saw him riding and you driving leaving the school! Good times! I almost stopped and asked him if he wanted a piece of candy...but them I didnt want to freak him right out! Hope he is loveing school ans Adri girl too! Britt say's she see's her alot. She think she is cute as pie! Luvs girl!

Robison's said...

Crazy summer is over. Sad actually. Sucks you don't get a long summer either with school schedules. Hope things are managable with your crazy life. You always do good.