Sunday, July 11, 2010

Last Weeks of School!!!



First day of school August 2009. They look older now!! Alex still had braces. What a year.
Why is it that the last few weeks of school are packed with reports and projects??? We went to Lake Powell three weeks before school was out and we never fully got back into school. It was so hard to finish projects, go to bed on time and finish out the year. Alex did a Country report on India. She did a great job. I helped her a little, but normally she does it all by herself. Abby did a report on a county, Weber County. She also had to make a float out of a shoe box. We attached dinosaurs, jet planes, indians, olympic flag, and WSU flag to make it all about famous things in Weber County. They both got A's on their projects and had to do an oral report. Abby I helped a ton. I was so happy when they were done. One night Alex, Abby and I snuck out to see ECLIPSE. It was intense, but an awesome movie. It's fun that my girls love the same things I do and that they are getting older. Adri is too young to see that show for sure.

Adri had a report on her favorite book. I have read this book to all of my girls and then they start reading it to me. Adri was Emily and she was dressed up in a pink tutu and ballet shoes. We had some props that she pulled out of a bag and related to the book. She was a little quiet but did a great job. Alex recorded her, but we took no pics. Amazing I know. Adri had the best two weeks of school. They had banana day, cowboy day, watermelon day, bubble day, field day and one day they made homemade ice cream. Kaden and I went in and helped out. They put the ingredients in a sandwich bag and then put that in a gallon size bag full of ice and salt. They wiggled it around and rolled it. Pretty soon there was ice cream. What a cool teacher. She did the funnest things with the kids and all the parents loved to help out. The last day of school I got to take pizza in for a pizza party. I sure loved Mrs. Jensen. She was always there for me and Adri. She would call me almost weekly for things. What teacher does that. It's so sad when the school year ends for me. I get quite teary. These teachers are amazing and I appreciate all they do for MY children.
Abby did school work up until the last few days of school while Alex and Adri pretty much played. Renn and I went to her Mustang Pride program. They played their recorders, sang a song, and handed out awards. Abby got Mustang Pride, Fitness and Presidential Fitness. That means she went above and beyond fitness wise and only a few students get that award. Good job Abby. Dad said you were the cutest girl in all of fourth grade there. I have to agree. Some people never take pride in their kids and their appearance. It was a program. Do their hair or something. Ok. Whatever. Abby did look cute. She was all smiles. We got to go back to her class for cookies and punch. She had a split teacher class this year. She really liked both of her teachers and they loved her. Abby is a hard worker in school and never talks. She is not like that at home.

Alex played the last two weeks of school. They would do rotations in other classrooms and she never had homework or work for that matter. It was her last few weeks of ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. I'm freaking out a little. Not because she is going into Middle School, but because my baby is getting older. I thought I would have toddlers and babies forever. My babies are growing up. I snuck in the last day of school to her 6th grade dance. Alex had been planning her hair and outfit all week. She is such a girl. I think she learns way to much from me. Haha. It was so fun to watch and spy on her. She came up and gave me a big hug. I'm so happy that she is not embarrassed by me. I hope she never will be. She won the award "The Most Likely To Win So You Think You Can Dance." She was quite excited. She had a smile on her face the whole time. She has loved sixth grade and has some really cute and great friends. They do not seem to be boy crazy and I love that. I know things will change in Middle School and I wish my girl the best. As I left school that day, I couldn't help but tear up and get emotional.
Last day of school. Also Adri's bday. I love my girls. It's been a good year. They got awesome grades on their report cards. I'm proud of them. Next year we get to add our boy to these pictures. I hope he is good in school like his sisters. This could be scary!!!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Just to prepare you....boys aren't as....how should I say it.... committed to school as girls. Recess tends to be their favorite subject. Hey, maybe Kaden will be different though.
Anyway, if I remember, I'll have to take a last day of school picutre next year too. That was a cute idea.

tawny said...

ahhhh CUTE pics!!!!

Lake Powell and school projects should NOT be in the same sentence. GOod mama you for letting the kids OUT to play.

I so think Alex could win SYTYCD!!!SHe is adorable and so cute. (she's flexible too..the pic of her arm at the dance! wow)

Good job on end of year stuff.... Now off to summer!! yay.. wish I was with you to go to the POOLS!!!