Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Milestones...... Big and Small

BRACES OFF. Alex started having orthodontic work when she was nine. She had an expander for a year and then braces for two years almost to the date. She got them off yesterday and she has a beautiful smile. Renn teased her about having stains on her teeth and she told him that she prayed about it last week. She prays about everything. What a great example to Renn and I. The appointment was early before school, thus breakfast in her hands. The orthodontist office had balloons for Alex, a bag full of naughty goodies, (snickers, skittles, popcorn etc), and her very own sign. She loved showing everyone at school and dance her new SMILE!!!! Renn and some of her friends think they look fake. A girl is suppose to have braces, zits, and glasses through highschool. No fair.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SHOTS. On Monday, Alex got her middle school shots. She got two in each arm. She is 58 inches tall and is in the 30%. The doctor said "Well you are small, but so is your mom." She doesn't have a chance to be much bigger than me. It's great being small and petite. When Alex was little, I would have to hold her arms and legs down while the doctor checked her out and gave her shots. She did say "Ow" after each shot. At least she is a little braver. Her right arm still hurts two days later. Toughen up girly girl.
ALYSSA'S 1st OUTING. On Sunday, I had David's family over and Grammie and Papa came too. I wanted to do something nice for them and make them a meal. Dawn really wanted homemade buttermilk pancakes. I can't really take that to her house, so we had them over. We had breakfast in a pan too. It was a nice Sunday afternoon. David surprises me all the time. I would look over, and he would be getting her out of her car seat just holding her. So cute. I'm so glad he had this chance to be a dad from the beginning. It's so fun to watch. It's Dawn and Alyssa's first time out. CRAZY. I would have gone crazy. Abby got to hold the baby because Grammie put Alyssa in her arms. I don't know if David and Dawn liked that or not. Abby sure did!!! Alyssa has another outing this Saturday at her own baby shower. Fun stuff.
ADRI's 1st GRADE PROGRAM. Adri has been singing songs around the house like crazy the past month. She was so excited for her Grandparents program. The songs were so cute and touching. I always tear up at these programs. I'm so happy Adri has made it through first grade. We struggle every year and push through it. Adri loved showing Grammie and Papa around and loved being with her friends the most. She is a social butterfly and a phone hag. What are we going to do with her!!!! I love Mrs. Jensen Adri's teacher. She has helped me so much this year and is there for me whenever I need to chat. What a great teacher. She deserves a ton more money. The 1st graders had rolls and juice in their classrooms for refreshments afterwards. Adri sang and smiled beautifully! Did I mention how exhausting those couple of hours were? My mom and dad knew half the grandparents there, and I knew half the parents and grandparents too. Growing up in South Jordan and staying here becomes exhausting at these events. We had to talk to so many people. Haha. It was fun catching up.
1st KITE FLYING, YOUNG WOMENS, EASTER DRESSES. This Sunday is General Conference, so the girls begged to wear their Easter dresses. I wish it was a little warmer. I was freezing that day. They looked cute and all three smiled. Miracle. Alex had her 1st official day in Young Womens. She loved it. Surprise. I also gave my lesson in Relief Society. I didn't realize that it was Pre Easter Sunday, and I'm glad I didn't because I would have had a lot more pressure. I used kites as part of my lesson and the kids loved flying them right after church in their Easter dresses. They were so excited when they stayed in the air. We are finally making it to nicer weather every other couple of days.
My lesson was about our love for God, God's love for us and how his laws are evidence of his love. The two greatest commandments are: Love the Lord with all thy heart, and love thy neighbor as ourselves. If we lived by these commandments, God's laws would be easy and simple to follow. His laws only help us to return to live with HIM and become perfect like HE is. We might think we would go farther in life and be more successful if we didn't have to be held down by God's laws or a kite string. Actually the blessings of keeping the commandments and holding onto the string keeps us flying. If we ever cut that string, and decide obeying God's laws is too much trouble, then eventually we will loose control. I talked about the atonement and how it is the greatest expression of love the world has ever known. As this Easter season is approaching, I hope we can all think of our Savior and the act of Love he showed to us all. We can be with our families forever if we follow God's laws and love everyone as he did.
The Bass family and Baby Kate will be here in two days. Jordy and Heather are staying here and it's the HOLIDAYS ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!! HAPPY EASTER!!!!

4 comments:

tawny said...

Alex is waaay to pretty for 6th grade. NO fair! Lucky girl.

Your bro is absolutely adorable with his new Alyssa.

Your Easter dresses are FAB! I love them. Lucky to have 3 girlies!

And good job on your lesson. I always learn something from you.
Be careful, they might make you full time.

Yay for Spring Break and your sis is coming!!!! love it.

Jana said...

She is so way lucky! I loved the feeling of having mine off! Your teeth feel amazing! She is so pretty....young womens! WOW!! Your getting old girl!!

JW and Alli said...

I love the kite analogy, I've never thought of it that way but it is soooo true. Sorry about the snow this week! Spring IS just around the corner. :)

Kevin and Jeni said...

What a big month for Alex! She looks so grown up!

You do such a good job focusing on your kids and making them feel special. I love reading all about it on your blog!

We can't wait to make a few more memories with your fam at powell!