From the time I was 18 months old, I lived in this house, on the left, until I married Rennie. The house on the right was three houses down from my house and it was my Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's house for many years. I was so lucky to live on Farmstead Circle. So many memories and a fabulous place to raise a child. I had at least 13 girls my age in my neighborhood. My mom and dad re-modeled this home many times, inside and out. It always looked tip top. My mom would go down the circle and spray other peoples weeds if they weren't taking care of them theirselves. I was lucky to live by my awesome grandparents too. They live in Riverton and St. George now, but I still get to see them all the time.
This is Lindsay's house. She was my bff from three years old on. Sure we got in girl fights, but in the end we always were bff's. Lindsay is the blond on the left with a green scarf. She was at least a head taller and we were a funny couple. Her last name was Robinson and mine was Robison. We always pretended we were cousins or sisters. Some times people would believe us. We would finish each other's sentences, sleep out for New Kids on the Block, dance querky and make each other laugh, confide in each other our darkest secrets, play house, play school, lay out in the summer, put sun in in our hair, sleep over, ate tons, Spring Break in St. George, I partly taught her how to drive a stick, kissed boys together, took dance together and I sucked, she was a minerette and I kissed boys, talk like handicaps in restaurants, and now we can still talk and have fun together. She would always tell me to do way stupid things to make her laugh. She got married 7 years after me, but we still remained friends. We were inseperable unless I was with a boy or she was at minerettes.
These two houses use to be an old farm house. You can still see some of the remaining big trees. The house was probably over 100 years old. My dad was bishop when I was young. Probably under ten. These two old ladies lived in this old house with one of their handicapp daughters. Their names were Aunt Marion, Aunt Naomi and Marie the daughter. My dad made us kids call them Aunt and hug them. They were stinky, one was really big, they had moles with hair coming out of them, and probably never showered. Their house was ancient, feces everywhere, cats everywhere, dead mice and mice doo doo everywhere and just disgusting and stinky. They loved my dad so much. We were like family to them. On Halloween it was scary to go to their door and then they would give you a rotten apple. My dad eventually had to put them all in rest homes and the handicapp daughter in a mental home. Their house was torn down and new houses were built.
Last night all these memories came to me after.......
Renn and I were laying on the couch around 9 p.m. watching a show. The phone rang and caller ID said it was my cell phone calling my house phone. Crazy. My cell phone was sitting on the counter being charged. How could this be happening. Renn and I just laid there wondering what the heck. A couple minutes later, Renn got up and noticed there was a message on our home phone. He listened to it gasping and his eyes and face were pulling funny faces. I couldn't take the phone from him fast enough and push replay. I listened with my face gasping, laughing and in a freakish shock. The message went like this....
Hi Natalie this is the old ladies, um, Evanson Circle, Lampton Rd.
Remember when you use to come over and see us in our stinky house, and......
I found your phone buried in my grave with me and I dug myself out
so I could give it back to you.
I wanted to remind you about Lampton Days coming up this weekend.
I'll see you there..
Thank you for all the times you were patient and bringing me dinner and stuff.
Alright. Bye bye.
I had to find out how this message happened and how my cell phone could call my house phone sitting on the counter. I called my mom first, and she was freaked out too. I called my brothers. No way. David is to overwhelmed with new baby Alyssa, Matthew doesn't do things like this, and so it had to be Jordy. He was at choir practice and sounded as shocked as me. Jordy said this must be illegal. I knew that only a couple people from our old neighborhood had my cell phone and that is Jacque and Lindsay. Jacque moved in after the Evanson sisters and so it had to be Lindsay.
I texted Lindsay and asked her "if she was being funny tonight." She replied "what do you mean." I told her I got a prank call. She replied "what did it say." Then I called her. Her husband works two weeks on two weeks off and I knew if I told her about the phone call and it wasn't her, she would not be able to sleep last night. She then fessed up.
We were laughing and remebering the old ladies. Her little brother Chris's i phone has an app that can hi jack phones and make it look like someone else is calling. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. They have pranked their mom and he has pranked his sisters and scared them all with different scenarios. The voice on the message can be low or high and mine sounded like an old lady crazy voice. If Renn wasn't home, I wouldn't have slept until I found out who it was. I know that when Lindsay, her sisters, their husbands, and her little bro get together they are funny. It had to be here if it wasn't my funny brothers.
I love Lindsay my childhood BFF. We still confide in each other and see each other at least every month at BONKO, sometimes lunches too. She made me laugh so hard last night and then all day today. I've replayed the message many times and Kade likes it too. I'm saving it for my dad. This morning I told him about it and he was in tears laughing so hard. How Lindsay ever came up with this, I don't know. Pretty creative and freakishly funny.
It's always been my dream for my kiddos to have a bff with the same values and morals and look on life like I did. She truly has been a blessing in my life. Love ya CHUCK!!!!
9 comments:
oh my gosh!! that is so funny! laughed the whole story! i can imagine my aunt julie spraying the neighbors weeds...thanks for the laugh.
Nat-
Seriously best friends like that are pricless!
simply priceless.
Love that you and Lindsay have that! what a great friend to grow up with and share all those fab memories with! :)
and I would be so freaked too...I've never heard of that Blackberry I phone thing... hilarious! (maybe you deserve it for those stories of those cute ladies hehe:)
Love you too!!! What a great post. You and I have some of the best memories and I'm glad we have such a great relationship STILL!! We are bff's for life!
I'm glad you're always one stage ahead of me in life to give me advice and help me along :)
I still don't know why I said I was the old ladies....that's pretty random...but hilarious! I keep laughing at myself today. The voice is creepy too. I kind of wish I wouldn't have told you it was me yet so I could keep calling you hehehe! It would have been funny if you had answered too.
Anyway, you and I are lucky to have a friendship for life! Thanks for being my bff!
I can't believe that Lindsay can be sooooo funny! Oh, and freaky! Do you remember chickens with their heads cut off running around, too? :)
Ahahaha! That is so stinkin funny!!! Oh my gosh! I love my best friends, and it is so fun they can bs you! I love that she totally pranked you! Way good prank. It seems like it would be illegal though. Crazy how you can do that with an app. So glad you found out who is was. I was so interested in what was going on when you were talking to Jordy. Haha. Funny funny.
And yes, I would be freaked out too! Kinda a crazy insane thing! haha
That is hilarious!! What a funny thing to do - have never heard of such a thing. You poor girl, must have been damaged as a girl to have to hug you 'aunts'....
Oh my gosh funniest thing ever!!! I love it. I need to hear it again.
You guys are awesome and so lucky to have such a good friendship. You can always have "friends" but to have someone you can tell your deepest darkest secrets to and not bu judged is rare! You guys rock!
That story is awesome! I can laugh because I'm not the one who was freaked out for a minute! Best friends are the best :)
Post a Comment