LIFE LATELY HAS BEEN BETTER!!!!!!

Maybe it's because we are all busy again. The routines are back and life is better. Kaden has been in a basketball class for the last two months. He would look forward to it every Tuesday. Renn and Kade would go to these practices while I was driving dance girls. I never got to see him practice, but he talked about it often. Kade also started indoor soccer. He loves running up and down the gym like Ben 10. Last week, Renn was out of town and the girls and I watched his soccer game. We would yell go "Ben 10, Jet Ray, and Swamp Fire." He would smile and run so fast. He makes sound effects while playing soccer. He smiles and has scored at both of his games so far. He loves all the attention from his girl followers!!! Indoor soccer is so entertaining.
Kaden and I get to spend lots of quality time together. He is so loving and cuddly lately. Is that how boys are???? He always tells me he loves me and kisses me. So sweet!!! It sure makes up for the naughty times. For his preschool, we went to the Sweet Factory for a field trip. He is so well behaved and nice on these outings. At the end, I told Kaden to pick whatever for a treat and he wanted nothing. What a strange little boy. I of course, picked a big box of chocolate covered cinnamon bears. They were seconds and a great price. Love our cute hair nets. While we were on the tour, the lady stopped the tour, went to another room, grabbed a kleenex and asked me to spit out my gum. I felt like a little child. It was strange. They are very strict there.
Kaden has said two of the cutest things lately. The other day I dropped the girls off to school and he said so sweetly "I guess it's just you and me, mom." I said "I guess so" and he replied "I love you mom." He melts my heart some times. Yesterday he wanted something and I said "no." He then said "but mom, I thought you loved me." He is trying to work the system. I'm really enjoying our alone time together. He is so
good when his sisters are not there bugging him or interrupting his routine.
It was another busy weekend. Renn was with the young men on a snowmobiling trip to Bear Lake. It was me and the kids. I was bound and determined that this would be fun and not like off track. I think we succeeded. I never got very upset and the kids were great. We went to Kade's soccer game, Cafe Rio, shopping, and made 80 sugar cookies for my lesson on anger on Sunday. The kids helped make the cookies and then frosted their own. We watched movies and just chilled. Saturday was Alex's second dance competition. She got 1st place on all five of her dances. Alex, Allie, and Hallie are so cute in their pics. Best buds for over 10 yrs. now.
My lesson for Relief Society was on ANGER. I explained how offtrack really put me off track in life this time around. This lesson spoke to me and I so desperately wanted to get on track again. Sometimes I think I experience the month before what my lesson is about the next month. It's crazy how that works. It really humbled me. The lesson was based from the talk President Monson gave in the Priesthood session of the Oct 09 Conference. I have two favorite sayings from that lesson.
"A MAN IS A FOOL WHO TAKES AN INSULT THAT ISN'T INTENDED."
and
ANGER DOESN'T SOLVE ANYTHING. IT BUILDS NOTHING,
BUT IT CAN DESTROY EVERYTHING."
I feel like this rut is coming to a close. I saw a bee yesterday, my tulips are out two inches, the sun is shining and it is March. All these Winter Blues are going out the door.
p.s. Thanks to Tawny for the cute decor for my lesson and to Nancy for the cookie recipe. What would life be like without great girly friends. I don't want to know.
5 comments:
Oh Nat yay! I love it....you did SO good! I love your centerpiece with your family pic and the heart...awww so sweet! I loved the quote...got to remember that one! It is so so true. 80 cookies, wow, I would eat like 40 of them! Good job girly...I bet you gave such a good lesson!
You are one busy, cute, happy mama! Kudos to Alex, she has found her talent for sure. Love your weekend, Rio, lessons, bball, and TULIPS! (and a BEE!) yay for spring.
I wouldn't want a life w/o my girlies either! thanks for last night...fab-u-lous time.
how's your hair?? :)
Glad the routines are back and so is your peace of mind!
You really are so awesome. You do so much good for family, friends, school, ward, EVERYTHING! You and Renn are such great examples of love and service. I love your family!!
Nat, Love the post!! Kade is such a stud! I love that little boy so much! He is so sweet. I would love that time alone too, how nice would that be! That is awesome you have him in soccer and basketball. I bet he plays awesome! O would love my boys to do those, but I heard the soccer here sucks, and I haven't even heard of basketball for kids here.. Who knows..
Good job on your cookies. We had that lesson sunday and it was so good. Such a great reminder of how important it is to not have contention and anger in our hearts.
Nat, you totally are awesome. You are such a great mom, and always keep those kids first. You make me want to be better!
You saw a bee? I like those quotes from your lesson. Sometimes it's like a habit to get angry instead of thinking about the situation it's more of a reaction. And you have to consciously break the cycle. Then life gets better. I'm glad you're doing better. Spring is on it's way! You look hot in your apron! Is Alex's bff like a foot taller than her? Cuz if she is, you know she's found her bff for life!! hehehe!
Post a Comment