Adri was lucky because she got a pedicure and nails painted green by mom.
They were also lucky after school because a little visitor stopped by, cleaned their
rooms, and delivered some festive treats. The leprechaun visitor must have known
that McBrides like it clean and not messed up.
After preschool, Kade said there were footprints around his classroom, but he knows his teacher put them there. He was questioning the whole leprachaun thing. Then when he came home to his surprise in his bedroom, he shouted I know it's true. Such a little gesture changed his whole opinion. My kids loved andenjoyed their simple treasures a ton.
When I was a kid, I was not lucky. My dad made green spaghetti and our family didn't eat for a couple of years. I was an unlucky scarred child. I have not attempted feeding my kids green food. Maybe one year they will be lucky or unlucky.
One of the girls was not so lucky because she didn't wear green and an Irish man
spotted her and called her out on it. He was kind of freaky.
Short, red hair, talking about beer and staring at us. Thanks Tawny.
Later that night it was parent teacher conferences. Alex has become to social.
We were a little disappointed with her review. She usually gets all As and
great citizenship. Her grades slipped and so did her citizenship.
Is it the excitement of middle school or what. I hope she refocuses.
She was a little teary eyed when we talked about it after. I know she is capable
better. Abby did awesome. School does not come as easy to her as it does
to Alex. She excelled in her grades and citizenship. She was the star
of the night. Adri is progressing and thats all we ask for. Her teachers
all love her in Resource and in her classroom. She never misbehaves and works hard.
I guess it can't be perfect every time, but I know Big Al had an awakening!!!!
We were unlucky and lucky parents that night.
Alex was not so lucky at parent teacher, but she lucked out going to her first
Young Women's Activity a week early. They had green eggs and pancakes.
They also played several St. Patty's day themed games. She loved it and
said it was so much better than Activity Days. So crazy that she will be gone
every Wednesday night forever now.
We were all lucky because it was a beautiful day and the other kids stayed outside
playing until 8 p.m. Feels like Spring and it was so nice!!!!! Whether you were lucky
or unlucky, we are all lucky to fun times to share with our families!!
4 comments:
Nat you are so creative!
Loved your St. Patty's Day! And I so copied you..thanks for you cute candy idea. You are such a good mom.
I know, that scary guy at Rio really freaked me out. He. was. dead. serious. Wow, the IRish take it for reals. (maybe he had too many drinks..hehe)
Anyways, thanks for making me cry, no more like sob, this afternoon. Your comment was sweet. You are a great girly...lucky to be your friend. Dang I hate this moving business. We have blogs and phones and monthly trips!
your the best. have a TGIF!!!! xo
very cute!! my child LUCKILY is still eating because two days ago the leprechaun's fed her green pancakes, eggs and milk, lol! my house is WAY to MESSY to blame it on the leprechauns' Macy would see no wrong in that, lol! thanks for posting, I love to read them! cute, cute family!!
So cute Nat! Loved reading about your fun St. Pattys day. My fav was Kaden.. That is so cute that he wasn't sure about it, then came home and all was confirmed. Haha Lots of unlucky & lucky things. Love your posts!
Nat I'm going to steal your candy (and clean room!) ideas for next year. You really are such a great mom and I appreciate that you have done it all before me!
Lunch was so fun, I feel so lucky to have friends like ours.
Loved your favorites post, tell Renn the flip-flops and socks are HOT!
Good job blogging, I think you do a great job and I love reading your posts. Believe it or not I'm working on a post. Crazy huh? You and Tawny are my motivators!!
Post a Comment