Sunday, March 28, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE SPOILED ROTTEN,
SPECIAL, UNIQUE, TALENTED, AND
BEAUTIFUL TWELVE YEAR OLD GIRL!!!!
(And One Exhausted Mom)

Thursday Alex finished the Book of Mormon. She was promised $100 from Grandpa and $100 from Renn if she finished before she was 12. It took her seven months to read the whole thing. During the past few months, I would read with her sometimes, and most the time she read on her own. I asked her if she understood what she was reading. She prayed for understanding every time she read. I'm so proud of her for accomplishing that goal. My G & G Nelson made their grandchildren the same deal and it worked great. I got my $100 too!!! Alex is so disciplined and tries her best to be the best. We love her.
What a week. All of March, I have been planning and shopping for Alex's perfect b-day. I always stress about each of my children's b-days and want them to be super special. This birthday fulfilled those requirements. Alex woke up and had to get beautiful for her day. While she was curling her hair, I made her favorite breakfast, WHEAT WAFFLES. Yum. She had a candle to blow out too. It was a stressful day because Adri had her 1st grade Grandparents program and I had a 12 year old party and it was short day. That made everything rushed. Alex loved all of her presents. She is redecorating her room and this will be the last time before we kick her out at the age of 18. Hehe. That morning I asked Alex if I was suppose to bring treats into her class. She got teary eyed and said I was already doing too much for her already. What a sweet girl. I told her I would bring her a special lunch instead.

While my parents, Renn, Kade and I were at Adri's program, we were walking by the library and could see Alex in there. I told my mom and dad to start singing really loud Happy Birthday. They did!!!!! Thus their mouths open so big. She blushed a little bit, but loved the attention. Her teacher and the librarian had to look to see what was going on. She is a special girl. I brought her favorite lunch from Wendys, chicken sandwich, fries and a frosty. Her first pick would have been Cafe Rio, but Wendy's was quicker!!! Her girly friends decorated her desk and she had a fun day at school.
While we were all gone that morning, Alex's friend Allie broke in with her mom and decorated Alex's room. Such a cute idea and Alex loved it. There were rolos, balloons and confetti everywhere.
Alex had two birthday parties. One with her school friends and one with her dance friends combined with Allie and Hallie. Her school friends came over straight from school in my car and got leaves all over. (Lauren, Crystal, Madi, Jessica, Adalyn, Kaitlyn) We ate snacks and played BONKO. We had been planning the menu for weeks. Alex asked for chocolate chip cookies, Heavenly Cake, chips and salsa, queso, strawberries and grapes, and some candy bowls. It was quite the spread. The girls loved the game and had a ton of fun. Two of Alex's best friends from our neighborhood didn't make it. We missed Irelynd and Emily. Hope their competitions went great!!! For prizes we gave out flip flops and toe nail polish. One down, one more to go.

SHOPPING SPREE!!!! Alex wanted to go to Ross shopping, so off we went tired and all. Renn said she could buy one top. We bought ten or more. It was so fun trying on clothes with Alex and Abby. I bought a couple too. Alex and Abby were trying on all the clothes in the junior/women section. Alex decided to spend some of her b-day money, so she could have all she wanted. It's so cheap there, I didn't mind. Renn was fine with it too. It was a fun shopping experience. I made her favorite dinner, homemade chicken roll-ups and rice. She had Allie sleep over and the day was over. Wasn't that enough. One more day to go!!!!!

We woke up Saturday with some more energy. Renn was going skiing all day, I was driving kids to dance, soccer and bday parties. Lucky Renn!! He went with Lyle and Kenny for free and had a fun day. I love it when he plays. It's not very frequent. After soccer, cooking, cleaning, setting up, it was time to pick up the 16 girls from Alex's dance team. This is a combined party for Alex, Allie and Hallie. Those three girls have known each other since they were one and two. Heidi came up with this great combined party since their bdays are within two weeks of each other. Picking the girls up was fun enough. Loud music, cars full of crazy girls and caravaning. The menu was Mexican themed. Pork and beef tacos, queso, chips and salsa, lots of soda and two Heavenly Cakes. Best food ever!!!!! We even had shredded lettuce.
It was a very loud party. (Rachel, Hallee, Hannah, Alix, Madison, Hailey, Tayler, Elise, Sam, Savanna, Kara, Bella, Abby, Alex, Allie, and Hallie) Thank heavens for Heidi and Miss Anne cleaning up while I explained Bonko to all of the wild girls. The girls wanted to pose sexy. What's up with that. What do they learn at dance Miss Anne. It was so cute to see the girls and their relationship with Miss Anne. They call her Miss Anne even when they are not at dance. They are a close knit group of girls. Most of them have been dancing together since they were three. Next year there is going to be a split. I know it will be hard and sad, but probably good too. No better way to do a party than with two of my favorite friends. It made the party a ton easier and cheaper too.


I was so worried about my other kids that day. Thankfully Adri had a party all afternoon, thankfully Kaden got sick and laid on my bed the whole afternoon, and Abby hung out with us. It turned out perfectly evern though I was a single mom. The girls were so loud playing BONKO. I could barely talk after. They were so competitive and funny. Then it was present time. There were so many presents in my house, 46 presents in all. Alex, Allie and Hallie got the same thing from each person just different colors. Everything was "SO CUTE." That's all they could say after each present. They got bags, shirts, necklaces, candy, money, gift cards, earrings, journals, fun socks and more. I was jealous myself of all the presents. These girls all know each other and they don't hold back. Some are loud (Alex) and some are more quiet. They are so fun to watch and the party was quite enjoyable.





Alex talked me into going shopping again after her dance party. I'm way too nice. She needed a jewelry holder for all of her new stuff. Alex had $60 in her pocket, unbeknownst to me. We went to Hobby Lobby and they didn't have what she wanted. Next we went to Claires. Perfect jewelry holder and new jewelry too. At the counter, Alex checked her pocket and her money was gone. Inside I was sick and furious. Why would she put that much money in her front pocket. Usually she has her purse or I hold the money. That's a lot of money to lose. We checked all around the store and nothing. I hurry and bought her stuff and we left. We called Hobby Lobby and someone had turned in the money. A guy named Gary found the money at the entrance and turned it in. I called him and thanked him for his honesty and for teaching my girls a valuable lesson. Not only did they learn not to keep their money in their pockets, but that there are still honest and good people out there in this world. The feeling Alex felt inside after learning that someone would return her money was priceless. I know she will do the same if given the chance. Life lessons are priceless.





Alex's partying is now over. We have to paint her room and get it all fixed up this week before Aunt Allie comes. We love Alex. She is always there to help me and keep me happy. She helps so much with her younger siblings in helping them to be happy and entertained. She always tries to do what is right and we love having her as our oldest. She made me a mom twelve years ago, and for that I am truly grateful. I'm so happy to have her as my daughter. Love ya Big Al!!

3 comments:

tawny said...

I'm a little teary eyed right now...I don't know if it's because I dropped off the hubs or just looking at all of your beautiful bday pics.

I know it sounds sappy, but I am just simply grateful to be a mom. Your post on Alex was great.. you did so much for her and she is such a cute girl. You are such a good mama to your kids and it shows.

And I feel sooo lucky to be a stay at home mama and raise my 4 kids. You are always a great example. You do so much to show your love to your kids.

OK, enough of my sap...great post. and happpy birthday Alex! (and you must be exhausted!! come sit in the sunshine with us tomorrow and relax!!!) xo!!

Robison's said...

WOWZA!!! Your posts really are amazing!! I totally felt included, and, I, myslef am a little jealous of Alex! ;) She had quite the week, but that girl deserves it! You totally succeeded in making her birthday perfect!

I am so proud of Alex for finishing the Book of Mormon! That is a HUGH accomplishment! I will have to tell her when I see her this weekend..

I love the stuff you got her for her room. So flippin' adorable!!
You guys sure partied hard with all her fun birthday festivities!! She is one special young woman that a lot of people care for. I just love Alex. She is really such a beautiful young lady. I have loved watching her grow from an adorable little girl to a gorgeous young woman. She really has so muchto look forward to in life. And what a great mom she has to look up to. You are great Nat. You do so much for those kids of yours, and make things so special for them.

What a lesson Alex had. How wonderful it is that their is honest people out there in this crazy world. And it shows a lot that Alex notices & appreciates it too. She has been raised in a wonderful home. You guys are great!!
We really can't wait to hang out with you McBrides this weekend and to stay in the MCBRIDE MARRIOT! See you soon lady'!

JW and Alli said...

Happy Bday Alex! That was so much partying that I'm exhausted from just reading it! :)