It was Attack of the Bass weekend and family in general. Yesterday we had a craft hour and made flowers for all of the girl's hair. Easy as pie. The boys got a little bored, so we tried to put flowers in their hair too. I love having a sister around, not to mention baby Kate Lola. Wish it was permanent!! I think the longing makes each visit so special.
Grammie and Papa treated all of us to a movie. HOW TO TRAIN A DRAGON. The best movie of the year so far. The adults all teared up at the end. Such a good show. Before the show I took some pics. Papa took his glasses off and then Kaden took his glasses off. It was the funniest picture. Thus the big smiles. There were five adults and 10 kids. The night before Abby, Emma, and Alex had a sleep over at our house. They stayed up till 2 a.m. playing LIFE. Crazy girls. I was asleep the whole time. Before the movie, they were all getting ready to go. Alex was curling her hair and Emma said "It's just a movie, Alex. You don't have to be a Beauty Queen." Hehe. It was so funny. My girls think going to a movie is going on a date, so they get all ready. Thanks to Grammie and Papa for a fun afternoon and three refills of popcorn.
Easter Sunday. What a special day. The day that Christ made it possible for us to all be together forever. No better day than to get together with the ones you love the most. We had so many people at my mom's house. We all enjoyed one another's company so much. David was holding other babies and picking them up without anyone throwing them into his lap. Amazing. He also changed a diaper in front of all of us. Then Alyssa had to pee all over, so a couple women stepped in to help change her. We had to take pics. There are so many baby girls all over. I wish they all lived here. Aunt Sandy, Uncle Bob, Ryker, Brent, Bonnie and kids, G & G Nelson, and the whole Robison clan were in attendance. Lots of food. We had turkey dinner all over again. Thanks Grammie and Papa for letting us invade and make a mess on this special Easter day. I have the best mom ever. She always makes everyone feel special and welcomed.
We also had an Easter Egg Hunt at Grammies. Every year we have one. This year there were a lot of cousins even some of my cousins. The younger kids could pick up eggs on the grass and the older kids had to look around. They had fun and got some yummy chocolate candy this year. Grammie knows how to pick the candy!!! Pita was so cute carrying around her basket like a big girl. Cousin love for sure.
Easter Day at home was busy. Jordy and Heather stayed with us all weekend. They went to the morning session of conference and so we watched their three kids. My kids are so good to feed, change, play and entertain the kiddos. Abby had Bryell half the day to her self. She is mother hen for sure. Renn loves playing with Corbyn. He is the funniest kid to watch and play with. He keeps us laughing and entertained. Brayden and Kaden disappear and we don't see them too much. There were a couple wrestling matches and Brayden took Abby and Alex down. It's fun having them around. Renn's sister Becky and her family stopped by during afternoon conference. It was a crazy house. Kids in and out, food everywhere and lots of giggling and laughing. My kids had a great time with their Pippert cousins. We need to see them more. There was no time to get bored this weekend. That's for sure.Alyssa's baby shower. My mom had the shower during Priesthood. There were no kids invited because Dawn is extra careful with her baby. Alli's kids went to my house and Alex watched all the kids. She did an awesome job and everyone seemed to get along. We had a blast at the shower. Hackwell women dropped in, Bonnie and Lauri Robison dropped in, Aunt Sandy and Michelle, Grandma Nelson and all of the Robison women were there. We had chicken salad in croissants, pasta salad, fruit, and three bundt cakes. I was in the kitchen cooking most of the day Saturday while watching Conference. Two bundt cakes and the chicken salad. I feel like I never left after cooking three meals for family too. My funny Grandma Nelson was complaining that maybe just maybe her blanket was not good enough. When Dawn opened the present, we all gasped. It was beautiful. White with little pink stripes all crocheted by Grandma Nelson. She is funny like that sometimes. Nothing is ever right in her book. We all are use to it and just laugh. Grandma even mentioned that her girls don't clean her house and do her grocery shopping like she did for her mom. She's a funny lady sometimes. She is very capable. Alyssa was beautiful in her yellow outfit. My fav cuz Jill and I had a lot of quiet talk in the dining room. It was a very fun girl night.
Renn and I both grew up having the Easter bunny come on Saturday. Sunday was the Savior's Day. We have carried on this tradition into our family. The kids each got a couple of prizes and some candy. It was a fun morning, but short lived. Renn had to go clean the church. Kaden had a soccer game and I had to make a yummy breakfast for everyone and start cooking for the shower. Jordan and Heather slept in and they came up later and we watched their kids discover their Easter baskets.
The kids Spring Break started on Wednesday afternoon. They all had sleep overs, bday parties, lunch at Cafe Rio, play dates, movies, library, cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, and most importantly, we painted Alex's room. I told each of the kids they could help me one at a time. Then I had to go over it and make sure it was smooth. It's the last time I am decorating a room for Alex ever. She will be gone in six years and it's teenage worthy for sure. It turned out cute, now if we could get everything hung up. Someday we will make the time. I made all the kids take off their clothes and put on old t-shirts. Kaden in underwear was fine with him. Cute boy. It took so long. I taped, trimmed and painted without Rennie. I'm a big girl now.What a fabulous and memorable Spring Break. I look forward to these big family gatherings each time we get together. I'm on a high and I wish life was always like this. Maybe not. But it's so fun and nice while it lasts. There is a lot of work that goes into it, but so much pleasure and joy. Alli will be here for the rest of the week and there is only more memories to make. I'm so grateful for Easter and our Savior. I hope we all took the time to reflect on the Atonement and his Resurrection this weekend as we listened to our modern day leaders and prophet. The message I took and want to improve on from conference is to be a better mother and parent in order to strengthen our family. Family is where it all is and I'm glad I have a great one!!!!!


7 comments:
What a fun weekend! Even though big family weekends are busy, they really are the best!
Have fun with Ali this week. Her kids are darling!!
Alex's room looks so good, I love the color. You are brave to let the kiddos help with painting! I have a hard time letting my kids do that, I worry too much about the mess and how the walls will look :)
Oh I love your life right now!
So happy for you and your sissy! the best ever!!! have fun with family. lucky!
c you soon! I am off to sun! xo!!!
So fun!! I love your family! So happy that Allie came and you got to all be together. The hackwell's love seeing the robisons! You guys are the best.
Awwww...girl! You always have so much going on! Love Alexs room...so purdy! Wish I could have seen Ali girl. Can't get over how stinking cute her baby is. Wish I could have went to then shower...looks like fun. Cute pic of you and Jill.
Hi Natalie. I'm lovin' the pics of your kids painting Alex's room! Haha Looks like more fun than work. :) And the "after" pic is lovely.
Thanks for the wonderful hospitality over Easter Weekend. We had a great time. Looks like you guys have been busy with the Bass's. So fun to have your sister here for a week. Hope this week has been wonderful.
And, I love Alex's room.. Super cute!
what a great weekend! so glad you got to spend time with Alli. I bet you loved holding all those cute little babies. I can't believe 4 little girls in your family, what are the chances of that??? Fun!
I LOVE Alex's room! It looks sooo good! I love the colors. And I can't believe she got her braces off. She seem so young to have braces off already. Lucky girl, she looks beautiful!
Post a Comment