Sunday, November 1, 2009

HaLlOWeeN dAY!!!!!!!!

We could not find a time during the week when we would all be home to carve pumpkins. With Halloween being on a Saturday it was PERFECT!!!!!! Talk about PERFECT, the weather was perfect. The kids love carving pumpkins and the parents not so much. Why am I always in charge of carving the faces. Renn says "ask mom, she is better at it than me." He won't even try. He has no patience for it. I don't mind carving them, I just hate the guts part. Alex carved her own pumpkin this year. She did a fabulous job. Adri and Kaden thought they could carve their own, but they were wrong. They told me what to carve and away I went. Alex and Abby made some sugar cookies to eat while carving.

Then I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making Thanksgiving Dinner. I was in the kitchen so long, it felt like Thanksgiving Dinner. The Browns asked us to close our house down and go over to their house for the night with our candy. They wanted to party all together. We brought Rae and Cody, Jordy and Heather, and all the kids. We had seven layer bean dip, two soups(Mindy made one) Cheeseburger and White Chili, breadsticks galore, pumpkin seeds, and for dessert Pumpkin Cake and Pumpkin Delight. Wow!!!!! Mindy also made hot Wausil(?) and punch. It was a feast. Adri and Alex helped me a ton in the kitchen. It was nice.


After dinner, the kids all got ready to go trick or treating. My mom came to see all the kids before they were off. My kids are up in the right corner, Angel, Vampire, Ski Bunny and Scary Guy. Kaden has asked to be a scary guy ever since he was two years old. I love not buying all the super hero costumes. I got to hold babies all night. Heather's baby Gabryella and Mindy's baby Jovi!!!! What more can you ask for than to give them back when I'm done. Cute baby girls both had tutus on. Alex's friends came over and they are the two piggys- SWINE FLU. Pretty clever costume. The Brown's kids were Army Girl, Ware Wolf, Dinosuar, and Bunny. Brayden was Lightening McQueen and Corbyn was Tom Matey. Cousin Galvin, who is staying with us all week, was Batman. All the kids had a fun time and only wore hoodies.
SCARY GUYS!!!!! Funniest part of the night. It was hysterical watching Renn, Jason and Jordan scare all the kids in front of the Brown's home. They would leap at them, crawl at them, yell at them, hurt them (the ones we knew), and many would walk right by or run to their mini van. The women would peak through the windows because we weren't allowed outside to ruin the scaryness of the night. The lights were off and scary music played. I was sad when the little kids would walk by and not get any candy. The men thought it was funny. Jason has so many costumes he could dress everyone. We had an awesome time. All were worn out and ready for bed!!!!!! The adults and kids.
The kids came home at 11 p.m. and dumped out all of their candy. We live in one of those neighborhoods where everyone else comes from all over town to get the big candy bars. My kids got at least 6 big candy bars, gatorade, chocolate milk, licorice ropes and treat bags full of stuff. That is why Alex's friends came here to trick or treat. They are spoiled for sure. Thanks to the Browns for letting us make a mess and have a SPOOKY time!!!!!!!
NOW ON TO CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(We won't be here for Thanksgiving, so Chrismas is next!)




7 comments:

Kevin and Jeni said...

I miss your blog for a couple of days and look at all I've missed!! You guys move and groove like no one else I know! It looks like you've had some really fun weekends. I love seeing all the fun things you guys do. What a life:)

PS I love the way your blog looks, I'm gonna have to call you and get some lessons!

tawny said...

I want you recipes!! I had no idea you were such a cooking queen! Seriously that cheeseburger white chili looks yummy for a cold day....

Love the festivities, costumes, pumpkins, and fun...your house is always a buzzin with craziness! I love Halloween and happy and sad it's over....we had a great season! Off to snow and Cancun...did you know I was going with you?????? :)

Robison's said...

What a Halloween!!! We loved it!!! You guys sure do know how to party!! We love to tag along with you guys! You guys are awesome! Thanks for always being our friends.. ;) You really need to email me those pics! Please! And, when you see any deals on cameras, you better let me know! Thanks Nat! Love you guys!

Robyn said...

Wasn't Halloween on a Saturday the best! I wish is was that way every year.
You guys seriously look like you had the best time! I should have brought the kids to your neighborhood! All those big candy bars would have been so cool to them. Their favorite was the capri-sun!
Except I would have been to scared to walk up with those boys too!

Lindsay said...

I love how you got your pictures in a collage like that! Did you use picasa? you need to show me how. You are a WICKED witch on Halloween! Scurry! Sounds like a fun night. Renn's costume is awesome!

Lindsay said...

I did my collage and now it's not showing up. It did at first. Why? I'm not very good at it!

Jenn said...

Wow you go all out on Halloween too....it is a fun holiday (as much as I like to complain about it) I do love the fall. All your kids looked cute in their costumes and your pumpkins were darlin.

P.s. where you going to be for Thanksgiving??