The week before going out of town is crazy. I always have my Christmas stuff up the day after Thanksgiving. This year I will not be home, so I wanted to get it all up. I did not. I got the outside done and the Christmas tree. I will be busy when I get home. It was more than I could handle. We had dentist appointments, ortho appointments, volunteering at the school in Adri's class, cleaning, laundry, packing, driving kids everywhere, and so much more. Leaving town is very stressful, but I think we have made it.
Kade had a field trip to Olive Garden. It was really fun. His favorite part was the fire in the kitchen. He is such a well behaved child at school and on field trips. The older he gets, the better he gets. They colored, took a tour of the kitchen, and ate lunch (spaghetti, breadstick, raspberry lemonade and chocolate mint). His preschool does the best field trips.
Then Kade and I took out my friend, Heidi, to lunch for her b-day. Two lunches in one day. Boy were we lucky. Then Kade and I went to the Mall for some mom and son fun. We listened to the first Christmas concert (Nathan Osmond and Cheri), sat on Santa's lap, ate pretzels, bought some shoes for mom, rode on the escalator, and made all sorts of faces during the concert. Kaden was so good the whole day. I'm loving this guy. He was a HOT DATE for sure!!! On Santa's lap he asked for a tractor, transformer and transformer movie. He acted shy, but did awesome. Thanks Kade for a fun day.
Kaden also had a Thanksgiving Pow Wow at school. We got to bring things to sell and trade and then eat a feast. The kids acted out the first Thanksgiving play, roasted marshmellows and hot dogs, and bought a whole bunch of stuff from other people. I checked out Alex and Abby to help us sell our doughnuts and juice. Kaden bought a nose warmer from one of the sellers. It's pretty funny looking. We ate and had a ton of fun. We are going to miss this Pow Wow next year.
Alex had her first performance. We had to learn all the new make-up and hair this year. The hair is a bump with a pony tail and head band on top. The make-up is glitter glue make-up. Her eyelashes are crazy long. It sure is interesting and might take some getting use to. During practice, two minutes before Alex went on, Alex fell on some chairs that are props during her dance. She hit her shin so hard and it bruised and got swollen really fast. Anne tried to ice it for a minutes before going on. Alex was crying and trying to control herself. Anne and the girls on her team told her not to dance. She said she had to and DID. It was awesome. I could tell something was the matter during her dance. Her face would look sad and then all of the sudden a smile. Her toe was not pointed in one of the moves and I could tell something was the matter.She is amazing. She danced the whole time in pain. She cried a lot afterwards. This speaks a lot about her character. That was a proud Mommy moment. She did awesome despite the hurt and this year is going to be fun!!!!!!
Last but not least. NEW MOON. We couldn't leave town without seeing New Moon. It gave me so much anxiety that I had a hard time the rest of the night. It was intense but so good. The girls loved it. They both love Jacob and loved him before the movie. I am a Jacob fan too and he is nice to look at. In the movie when Jacob took his shirt off, the whole theater was oooooing and awwwwwing. It was so funny to listen too.
------------------------
IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!! We are on our way and we hope your Turkey week will be as good as ours. We will be thinking about all of you at home in the snow while we bask in the hot Cancun Sun.
Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
You guys need a vacation every month to take a break from all the madness you cram into every day!! Hope Cancun is the best Thanksgiving ever!
Post a Comment