Sunday, November 8, 2009

REMEMBER.........





REMEMBER when the kids would get so excited to go to CHUCK E CHEESE, at least once a month, in the winter, when they were toddlers. They would look for free tickets laying around. On Friday, my kids got over 150 free tickets when we first walked in. Some kids aren't very smart, but mine were.

REMEMBER all the games they would play and all the tokens they would spend. Now my kids go through tokens like water. It was so much easier back then and cheaper. I would spend $10-$15 each time, now it's $30-$40 with coupons and being cheap. Kaden could play skeet ball really well. Adri had a hard time getting the ball to go far enough.


REMEMBER when the kids would rather ride a million rides than play games, but then expect a prize with tickets when they didn't earn any!!!!! All my kids had fun, but Alex and Abby won a ton of tickets. We also had Galvin with us. He's been with us all week. Kaden and Galvin get lost and entertain each other. It's been nice. That's part of the reason we went to Chuck E Cheese last week.


REMEMBER these freaky guys that we would watch our kids dance too and our babies bawl too!!!!!!


REMEMBER the pizza and free refillable cups. I found my cups from 9 years ago. They still got free refills.


REMEMBER hanging out with other moms all afternoon to make the time pass by and talk to adults. Today I got to hang out with my kids and it was just as fun. Alex also remembered that their breadsticks were yummy and if she wanted cinnamon bread, she would just go to Lisa and ask for a stick.


REMEMBER these funny pictures that the kids would take one after the other. Half of their body only showed up in the picture.


WE still have a couple of these pictures with Alex, Abby and the other small toddlers from our Sandy ward. They are too cute.


REMEMBER this game. This is the game that was the easiest way to win tickets. Alex and Abby remembered and got right to work. If you put the ball in the right hole when it's lit, you get 13 tickets. Alex and Abby, along with some help from the younger kids, got 1090 tickets to share with everyone.


REMEMBER all the junky stuff the kids would get before coming home. The boys were excited about all the loot!!!!! Thanks to the big sisters and a little help from them.


Alex, Abby, and Adri loved all the loot too!!!!! We visited Chuck E Cheese often when I only had 2-3 kids. We often had strollers and would sit around and talk for hours. Those were simple days. We had the most enjoyable time. Alex and Abby even had a ton of fun. It brought back so many fond memories.


REMEMBER when we would go to the park in the Spring and Fall for hours to pass the time away. I feel like I don't get these opportunities as much with bigger kids and their schedules. It's fun to visit the past.

Adri loves the monkey bars and doing things she shouldn't.

REMEMBER at this very South Jordan Park, Alex hit another child and I pretended like she was not mine because it was a girl from high school's daughter that I didn't want to talk too. Alex was only 18 months, but I should have made her do the right thing. The girls played toilet tag with Nancy's kids and Nancy made the comment that Adri will sit on the public toilet(like Nancy), but Abby and Alex look like good squatters. Ha Ha!!!!! I only squat. Nancy sits without protection. Go Nancy. Nancy also asked if Christmas was on the 25th. Wow!!!! We laughed hard.


REMEMBER watching all the kids climb everywhere and the ladies sit around talking. We use to go a couple times a week when it was nice weather. We would visit a different park in the valley every time. Thanks girls for all the memories. It was such a fun weekend remembering the good ol days.
Now the memories are once or twice a month with few
or no children, but I love them still the same!!!!!

4 comments:

tawny said...

Hi!!!!

I loved this post!!!

It brought me back to the good ole days! Yes!! Chucky Cheese is the best...we had MANY good times there...

You are a good mama to give little Kade memories...sometimes I feel Mace has the best of both worlds being the youngest....

See you tonight girl!!

Nancy said...

What a funny post. I could do about a million posts of Chuck-e-cheese but you summed it up nicely. My kids want to go so bad but the weather is still too nice.
The park was fun too, I didn't even see you take any pics so good job getting so many cute ones.

BTW, I refuse to be neurotic like my mother, so yes, I am a sitter and proud of it :) Thanks for being my friend even though I probably have cooties.

Also BTW, love your new header, your kids all look great. I'm excited to see all your pics!!!

Robyn said...

And nursing in the booth with a blanket over your shoulder, and changing diapers in the CEC bathroom and all.the.germs. in the play place.
Oh yes, I remember. And I miss it terribly myself.
What a fun post!

Lindsay said...

What a cute post! You're on to a new stage in life...unless you decide you're not ready and you need a baby! And what the heck? Did i know you were going to Cancun? Sounds fun!!!