Wednesday, August 31, 2011

BACK TO SCHOOL AND A NEW LIFE!

August 15th Abby and Adri started 6th grade and 3 grade. Abby has Mrs. Ashton and Adri has Mrs. Rollins. They are both in portables, classrooms outside of the school. We had been school shopping and was all prepared. Adri has wanted to go to school for a few weeks, because her friends started three weeks ago on C,B, and A tracks. We got D this year and so we had almost a normal summer like traditional school. Don't the girls look cute. Adri was so happy to see Peyton and we love seeing cousin Brittyn everyday. Abby and her hang out on occassion.
We had Alyssa over the weekend and I think she made it easier on me when I sent Kaden to school on August 16th. I wasn't all alone. He is in first grade all day. My buddy is gone. I've loved having my little buddy. I am going to miss you Kade. Kaden came home from school and went off to play. He didn't have much to say. The first few mornings were hard for him to get up. I think all day wore him out.


The Sunday before my kids started school, Renn gave them all a father's blessing. They were beautiful. Adri and Kaden thought it was a little silly, but they each wanted one anyways. It was a very nice way to end our Sunday night. I love all my kids and hope they have a successful year.




Alex just started Monday, August 29th. I haven't been alone yet because she has been at home. She is a high maintenance lunch girl. "Mom, there's nothing to eat." She is kind of a food snob and picky too. I'm happy she is going to school and I won't hear that at lunch anymore. We went shopping a few times in the last two weeks while everyone has been in school. We've worked out and had some lunch dates. Alex has had the worst attitude about school this year. She keeps saying "She hates it." That's not her normal attitude. I hope it changes.



Alex's first day of 8th grade will be one she never forgets. She slept in on her first day of school. The day she is suppose to look the cutest. I came home from running and had to wake her up. Her alarm didn't go off for some reason. She also didn't sleep very well the night before. Some things happened during the night that woke her up. She had 30 minutes to get ready. She curled one side of her hair and I curled the other. Good thing her bags were packed the night before. She made it and she looked beautiful. I hope she maintains her 4.0 this year with her attitude and all. The life that I thought would never end has ended. I don't have toddlers home anymore. Everyone is in school full time after 13 years. So strange. I was a little sad yesterday when I went to Costco and I had no one to buy a hot dog for or sit down and eat lunch with. I know when we are off track these things will still happen, but it's definitely a change. I'm sure that I will love it.



I miss having a buddy around. It's only been two days, but I miss my little man. I can tell he doesn't need me as much. He is growing up and there is no one after him. The hugs and kisses are definitely not as often. He is a stud though. Last night as we were sitting on the porch enjoying the weather, Renn bet Kaden $10 to climb the brick pillar with bare feet and hands. Renn never thought he would do it. Well he did. It took him three or four tries. He'd have to stop to rest his hands. I'm sure the brick didn't feel good. He is just like his dad, anything for money. He amazes me with his determination whether at school, boating, or in life. I'm going to miss you Kade!


I have a new life. Renn says his new name for me is "Lunch Lady." He thinks I'm going to go to lunch all the time. Haha. Your funny Rennie. I'm planning on finishing lots of projects, volunteering at the school, temple dates, and a few lunch dates won't hurt either. I hope I am wise with my New Life!


3 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Hey Lunch Lady - I love the name! Wish I was there and could go to lunch with you! My house has felt a bit empty the last couple of days, too. I loved all the updates, you are always busy and never stop.

tawny said...

haha i love boys! they climb brick walls and do crazy things. Love it.

Life is ever changing...that is for sure. big year for you! But you deserve it. You have raised great kids.

(and btw, not much of a break though, I truly feel busier than EVER! EVER!)

loves!

tawny said...

p.s I like Alex's shorts. so cute :)