Wednesday, August 31, 2011

SUMMER DAYS!


COWABUNGA! Aunt Sheri, Cousins Jill and Julie, were there and we didn't even plan it. We went with Libby and her kids from dance. It was a fun day. The kids had lots of friends to play with. My girls couldn't believe Aunt Sheri would be in a swimsuit because Grammie never would!

Planet Play! Just the kids and I. It was a fun few hours at Planet Play. I had bought Groupons in May for Cowabunga and Planet Play for good deals. The kids ate, played games, laser tagged, bowled, and rode the bumper tube things. Let's Make A Deal is one of their favorite games that they win the most tickets. The other game in the bottom right corner was kind of embarrassing. All of my kids climbed all over it to get tickets. I stand far away. Alex and Abby are always so nice to let Adri and Kaden have their tickets.

CARNIVAL AND DERBY! It's tradition. Right across the street is the Salt Lake County Fair. My kids fill out book reports and get 3 free rides. This year Kaden, Abby, and Mackenna went on the rides. Adri remembered them from last year and she almost puked. She said looking at them made her want to puke. Kaden, Abby, and Mac were not in love either. All the rides are spinning, puking rides. I'm not sure if they will want to do it year after year anymore. We love the Derby. Andersons came with us. It's such a fun White Trash night! Love Creed's hat.

We went boating with our fam that day and then headed to the Derby. It was a jam packed fun filled day. We were tired by the end of it. One car flipped over and that was fun to watch. Can't wait for next years Derby!

We spent many days at Lifetime Fitness. We would swim, or I would work out. The kids got to take a few Zumba and Yoga classes while I worked out. They really liked it, even Kaden. They would go to the Daycare and play with their school friends and then take a class. Alex hung out with her dance friends there quite a few times. She also took Dance Jam and Pilates. Pilates is taught by one of her Saturday dance teachers. It was fun taking a few classes with her.

Last Saturday was Alex's last night of Summer. We went to the Alta vs. Bingham game at Rice Eccles. It was the most fabulous football game. Hot too! So exciting and fun to watch. Hayden, Anne's boy, is one of the captains and all stars. Without Hayden, Bingham wouldn't be the team they are. He scored one touch down and caught the ball on the 2 yard line which led to another touch down. Our neighbor cheers, and my cousin was there cheering on the Alta side. I'm not sure I like Renn going. He gets really upset at those games. Sometimes his mouth needs washed out with soap. Chill out Renn. You don't even have a son playing. Alex's dance friends are on the Alta side. She had fun with her east and west side friends. Hehe. We got home after midnight. Fun times! More games for sure this year.


We had a fun filled summer. There was never a dull moment. I felt like there were not enough lazy days. We went to lunch and school shopped a lot too. It's bittersweet that summer is over. The late nights and no schedule came to an end. Summer of 2011 was one we will never forget!


1 comment:

tawny said...

all i have to say is:

I.LOVE.SUMMER!!!

I was just at the rascal flatts concert saying the same thing to the girls....I DON"T want summer to end. It is so fun...long days, warm summer nights, bbqs, pools..awww.

I do have to say as well, that you were one of the BUSIEST girls i know! YOU never stopped..always traveling, or going somewhere :) fun fun though. (and a bit of stress!)
LIFE is GOOD. :)