Wednesday, August 31, 2011

GIRLS WEEK and a GOODBYE!



Last week, Renn left to Bear Lake with his Young Men's group for their summer outing. Renn took Kaden with because Kaden is his boating buddy. It was nice. I didn't worry about schedules, cleaning and meals. Wednesday night, Abby, Adri and I took Cafe Rio to Lindsay. Lindsay is my best friend since we were four years old. She lived two houses away. She just had her third baby name Scarlet Kate. Lindsay is moving to Roosevelt soon. I am very sad, but I will go see her when I am in Roosevelt often. Scarlet is a little fussy and my girls tried to quiet her. Lindsay has the magic touch. It's amazing. Adri and Abby had fun playing with Hallie and Boden too! It was fun to catch up with the new mom.

Friday afternoon, we had a lunch date with Alex and her two best friends. Last year we went to Olive Garden and toured their new middle school. Since the middle school is not new to them this year, we just went to Olive Garden. Annie left early so Heidi and I were stuck with the naughty girls. I'm not sure what they were doing, but they would take their straw out of their cup and some water would go flying. One time it went flying on a table full of Bingham lunch ladies. They got pretty mad. Awkward. I thought I was with two year olds. It's so convenient that Alex's best friends moms are two of my best friends. Loved lunch!

The week was mainly about Jill. We went to the mall shopping and to eat lunch one day. A farewell party the next, and a slumber party after that. The Hackwell women are so much fun to be with and I loved the celebrations! Thursday night, Jana, hosted a farewell party for anyone and everyone. Lots of Jill's friends and relatives came to say goodbye. Growing up, Jill and I were together all the time. I would drive and pick her up as soon as I could drive a lot of weekends. We worked together at Sandy Starship, dated boys together, had sleepovers, ate at Artic Circle chicken fingers, got married the same year and started families together. She not only is my cousin, but one of my very best friends. Her sisters gave her rain boots thus she is moving to Vancouver, Washington!

Friday night was the slumber party. I was not sure if I was going to spend the night or not. I love my bed and I love sleep. I was nervous or maybe a baby. I was talked into sleeping over and it was a ton of fun. Abby and Adri came with me. All the Hackwell women were there including Aunt Sheri and one of Jill's bffs Amy. I never knew a grown up slumber party could be so fun. We started out shopping at Down East and then headed to Kneaders at 9 p.m. for dinner in style. Crazy ladies in the back of a van! We played a few different games and had a $5 present exchange. My gift that I gave was the best. I didn't know it was going to be, but it's a legend. Jana got my gift and it was a picture of Jill with the saying "Love Binds Us Together." They died laughing and crying. It's still being talked about. I thought it was clever, but not that clever. haha. We watched Never Been Kissed and Just Friends. The Hackwell women know their chick flicks. We ate and laughed a ton. We went to sleep around 2 a.m.

All of Jill's sisters brought their little girls. Most of them just have one. There were six little ones and then Morgan and Brenna were there too. Brenna is a crack up. She impersonated Harry Potter and crashed into the wall, and Justin Bieber as she sang to Jill. She entertained us. The little girls had so much fun. They were so good and giggled a lot. They made pillowcases and ate tons of crap. Snacks galore!


Saturday morning, we woke up around 8 a.m. to the best smells. JD, Jenny's hubby, was upstairs making a gourmet breakfast. What a good hubby. We came upstairs to find fresh fruit, homemade waffles, homemade maple whip cream, homemade granola, potatoes and sausage, cheesy eggs and every kind of drink including Diet Pepsi for breakfast. Diet Pepsi is water to the Hackwells. I love it too, but not for breakfast. JD is the best. Breakfast was spectacular. The slumper party was one to remember. I'm so happy I stayed. My girls and I had the best night with my favorite women, the Hackwells.

This is the picture I cropped me out of for the picture frame. Jill looks beautiful in it. What an adventure you are going on Jill. This might be the best thing for your family right now. There is a bigger plan you may not understand or us for that matter. I love you to death. Our memories will continue. We might get even more sleep overs when I come to visit and when you visit. Thanks for being such an important part of my life. From us as little kids to raising little kids, you've been the best cousins/friend ever. I love you!


For some reason, I have been plagued with my favorite women leaving me in my life. It first started out 9 years ago, when my sister moved back east. What a sad time that was for me because we had just started having babies. Last year one of my best friends, Tawny, moved to Colorado. That was another sad time for me. We had become very close and had so much in common. My mom left me in April to go on a mission. I know she is coming back, but I miss her a ton. My COUSIN JILL just left Sunday for Washington. She had become one of my lunch buddies the past few years since our kiddos are in school. Before the year is over Lindsay is moving to Roosevelt. With the exception of Tawny, all of these women have been in my life since I can remember. They have made the greatest impression on my life and taught me many life lessons. I love and miss you all!! Thanks for being a part of my life.

2 comments:

tawny said...

That post was sweet. and so sentimental. Jill seems like an amazing girl. friend. and cousin. Good things ahead for her. Life is a journey. always. SO happy you have great friendships in your life :) loved your pics and LOVE U!

Miss ya tons. wish I could go to wed cafe rio with you or maybe gardner village for a fall candle and some fried green tomatoes....!

xo

Jana said...

Nat....I am crying...I love your guts and I am so blessed to call you my cousin. Jill loves loves you!!! Follow me up when the kids are off track the first wk of Nov, would be a sweet time!!! xoxo