SHE MISSED ME!
Oakcrest Alex 2011
In August, Alex went to Oakcrest. I went to Oakcrest also at her age. It's an LDS camp, but the leaders and ward are not involved in this camp. Oakcrest hires camp counselors for the summer. They are young adult women who take care of our girls for the week. They play games, have devotionals, go on hikes, crafts, and so on. Alex was a little hesitant going this year because she was not going with best friends, but she was going with good friends from the ward. I prayed she would have a great experience, because I loved it. Alex left Monday morning and got home Friday morning. She went with Irelynd and Sarah from the ward. Cute before pics.
The kids and I had been playing during the week. We went swimming, school shopping and to lunch, but I missed Alex. When she has been at girls camp, I have always been there. This is the first time she left me for a week. Thursday night I got a phone call from the bishops wife. The bishop and his wife get to go up Thursday for testimony meeting. Margie told me that Alex was having a great time, but she was excited to come home because she missed me. I told Margie that Alex was full of it and I didn't believe it. Margie said it was genuine and true. I couldn't believe she missed me.
Friday morning, Alex was texting on the bus coming home. She said "She missed me like I wouldn't believe." It was true. She missed me and home. I got a little teary about it. I missed her too. It was so fun seeing her again. She gave us all hugs. She had an awesome time and really loved Oakcrest. She wants to go next year. She made lots of friends and talked the whole day about it.
Her cute beehive class president and friend, Emily, decorated all the girl's rooms before they came home. Alex was so happy to be home and on her bed. Alex is a little independent, and social gal. I don't see her that much anyways. Sometimes I don't know if she needs me or likes me. I love these mom moments. They are our rewards for all of our hard work. I'm so happy Alex loves me!
No comments:
Post a Comment