Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SWIMMING AND SERVICE!!!!!!!



Sunday, Renn and the girls made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and doubled it. We love cookies and cookie dough, but not that much. I have a husband that likes to bake. Lucky me, because then I eat it. Renn took the kids to deliver some cookies afterwards for some fun SUNDAY SERVICE. We took cookies to my Secret Sister, Renn's home teaching fams, and a little girl that threw up in Sacrament today. It was fun watching Alex and Abby take the cookies and run. It's good for them to learn a little bit of service. My mom and dad are the epitomy of service and I hope to be like them one day. I hope to teach my kids the importance of service also. Thinking of others always makes your own life more fulfilling!!!
The Cook family came to town this weekend. They were staying in a hotel. How rude. I guess the McBride Motel wasn't good enough. No really, the Roosevelt families like to come to the city and stay in hotels sometimes. It's a mini vacation and I really don't mind. Just as long as they call us and invite us to come swim or to dinner. They stay at this hotel by the E Center and it has a mini swim park inside. They have not tub, jungle gym, big outdoor/indoor slide and it's crazy for a hotel. It's called GRINS AND FINS. The kids had lots of fun with the Cook family. We also went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. When there are nieces and nephews around, you will always find Renn with one on his lap. Too cute. Abby would not let me get a picture, so I snuck and got a picture of the back of her. It's of Alex and Abby waiting to go down the slide. Abby was chicken at first and then finally did it.
Kaden has been in a little basketball class with Renn lately and he was all over the hoop and balls. It's fun to watch him get interested in Sports. What will we do at our house with sports!!

1 comment:

tawny said...

I want to be your secret sister!:)
Good job mama, always looking out for people to serve. Love it. Your kids will remember....