The kids each got a special present from Renn and I along with a love note. I think I will even love them more Tuesday when they are back in school!!!!!
Sunday we worked on Adri's valentines for her class party on Tuesday. Alex and Abby don't have parties this year since they were off track. The kids made Renn and I some valentines while we were out on our date Saturday. Abby's included this orange card that said "I think you guys will get fat!" After drinking her hot cocoa she gave us. Funny girl. Adri gave us a bag full of fabulous trash. They made cards for Grammie and Papa too. Alex always helps them think of thoughtful things to do for Renn and I on holidays.
Saturday night we went out with the Cooks and Browns to Tiburon. We always have a fabulous time with these couples. We laugh and talk a lot. We also played cards after at the Cooks. I love fancy restaurants and Tiburon was perfect for a once a year excursion. I am going to miss Cooks so much if they really leave us. Sad for our little fam!!!! What's up with people moving lately.
Alex and I were so lucky to spend Friday and Saturday together without anyone else. We went to Leap Year, shopping and to dinner at Cafe Rio Friday night. She is so fun to hang with. I asked her if she wanted to call any friends, and she didn't. She must have wanted me all to herself. We slept in my bed that night and then I sent her to her own bed at 2 a.m. We could not sleep together very well. We got up at 530 a.m. and started getting ready for the first DANCE COMPETITION of the year. We went with Heidi and Allie. It was a fun day. Alex performed four times. She got a couple of 2nds and a 1st. This was a hard competition. All of the top companies go to this competition. They had a couple of judges from SYTYCD including Thayne and Matt. It was fun to see them. I love hanging with the dance moms and being with my girl. It was a fun 24 hours alone.
While Alex and I were enjoying our peaceful, quiet time, Renn took the three younger to a cabin by Roosevelt called SIX LAKES. My little bro Jordy got a free cabin for a night for cleaning their carpets. They had so much fun inside and out. They ice fished. They caught fish, cooked it, and released a lot of fish too. Jordy Boy loves to do crazy things and he put that raw fish in his mouth.
The kids stayed up till 130-200 a.m. Crazy. Adri and Abby loved helping with Bryell. Abby loved playing Monopoly with her dad and Jordy and making her Uncle Jordy mad by beating him some of the time. Kaden and Brayden loved wrestling and making pepper with the stair spindles. Whatever that means. They loved the raw hamburgers Friday night. Adri loved the 10 pieces of sausage Saturday morning. Kaden loved not eating all day Saturday until 3 p.m. They all had a lot of fun and wished they could stay another night. Whatever goes when they are with their dad. What a nice dad!!!!!It was a nice weekend and I got a much needed break from most of the kiddos. Off track has been rough. I love my family, my boyfriend, and our friends too. I'm grateful for love notes and reminders of who matters the most in life. My mom made a fabulous Sunday roast dinner with cherry pie. I love my mom and dad tons too. HAPPY VALENTINES!!!!
6 comments:
Wonderful weekend I must agree. It must have been a nice needed break from your fam huh. Glad you got your 'me' time. Tell Renn we loved having him up there with us, and the kids had a ton of fun! Tell Alex great job on her dance comp. She is amazing, and I would really love to see her dance again. I haven't seen her dance in a while. Have a great week!
Love Six Lakes...that is where we have satyed (us Hackwells) same cabin even! Beautiful! You are always such a busy bee!! Happy V-day!
Wow! tell Alex good job! The competition sounds so fun but so hard too! She is so beautiful in her dance costumes! and NOTHING beats girl time...movies, rio, and sleepovers! so fun...
Okay, that cabin was HUGE! It looks like soooo much fun..a kid's haven really.
And I want to hear about Tiburon!? Was it delcious?! So fun to go there once a year...what a FAB Valentines you had! love the choc covered strawberries..I will steal that idea for next year! Glad you had an amazing weekend! Happy Love week! xoxo
Oh and enjoy the kids BACK in school!!!! QUIET HOUSE....yay :)
(I'm loving it now...I clean and it stays CLEAN..that is until 2:45!)
Looks like another great weekend for all of you!
How fun to see that cabin! We stayed there and LOVED it! My brother in law goes at least twice a year. You will have to go back with them.
And it's so beautiful to run along all of the lakes!
oh ya, I don't know what I'm doing today, could you look on my planner and tell me...:)
Fun weekend! I can always count on you to have something fun on your blog after each weekend :)
Post a Comment