
Renn and I have been waiting for this day for a year now. Renn never believed this day would happen. Troy Dunsmore getting married in the temple. Crazy and awesome all at the same time. Troy was the party boy that said he would never marry a mormon girl. Well he ate his words and married her in the temple. Renn was a witness of the marriage in the Salt Lake City Temple Saturday afternoon. He had tears in his eyes and so did I. Renn does not have any friends who are active at this time from childhood. Troy loved Jill in highschool, but she never gave him the time of day. Now she gives him all of her time 20 plus years later. She was beautiful as always. Grandma and all. Renn was reunited with many people from his earlier days. It was fun to meet new Rooseveltians. Renn also had a girl missionary from his mission that was there for the wedding. Later they had a dinner at Little America. The food was great and we got to meet more friends from the past. Jill and Troy smashed cake in each others faces. I couldn't believe it. Renn was nice to me on our wedding day. How dare Troy. Renn and Troy have so much more in common now. The sealer mentioned 5 C's to a great marriage. They are courtship-keep dating, communication-talk about everything big and small, conserve-have a money plan and don't live beyond your means, committment-love each other and only each other forever, consecration-have the Lord as a key partner in your marriage. It's always good to take a look at your own marriage and work on these things. Loved the friends, family, food, spirit and the whole day. I loved spending it with my eternal buddy Rennie.

Best Day Skiing. What a difference a week makes. My kids had so much fun. The sun was out again. Two weeks in a row. They theme of the day was finding trees to ski in and jumps to go off. Renn and I thoroughly enjoyed this day. Last week was hard and challenging. This week was awesome and rewarding. They all skiied great and little complaints. Most of the complaints were Adri. It's getting better and I thought it would be years. On one of the jumps, Alex landed on her head and fell flat, Kaden did a summersault, Adri landed it and Abby fell to the side. It was so fun to watch them. Can't wait for our next skiing trip!!!!
3 comments:
I love the 5 C's!! what a fab lesson....Your friends look so happy and so cute. It's funny how life works out sometimes. AND I love witnessing marriages...it makes me so sentimental and appreciative of mine! Awesome day for you and Renn.
And skiing....ohhh sigh. Lucky you. It looks so fun! And your past two Thurs have been the BEST WEATHER! Blue skies just for you!
Thanks for everything. Enjoy your m and m's. he he! xo
Seeing your family skiing takes me back to when my parents taught us. So much fun! What fun memories for your kids, and a lifetime of good times!
Tell Renn now it's time for him and Troy to gang up on Lyle and Ash....I'll always have my hopes up for them.
I love the pic of all your boots....fun fun! That girl looks 20?! Like what the crap! Not fair!
Post a Comment