Thursday, February 18, 2010

This is what last week looked like............


Mom can we do this, can we do that, can we have this, can we have that???????? Mom, Mom, Mom. I highlighted the girls hair one day and Alex hated it. It was orange or so she thought. She bawled for hours and so I finally called Aunt Ashley and she fixed it. Thank heavens for Aunt Ashley. Then Abby bawled because Alex's hair was more highlighted than her hair. She bawled like someone died too. This is how off track went. I would start in on them and tell them what brats they are and how ungrateful they are. Off track was a real challenge this last time. We had many episodes like this one, and I had a headache most of the time. Many times they didn't like me, and many times I didn't like them. I try to have fun with my girls and it wasn't good enough this time. Why couldn't it be pleasant-I don't know.

THIS WEEK IS MUCH BETTER. Kade and I chill in the morning and he is back in his routine and then he goes to preschool. He is so pleasant when the girls are at school and he can do his thing and no one bugs him. My house is clean, my pantry has food in it, no headache, I am so happy and giddy. I can do errands by myself and sneak in a lunch or two with girlies I love. The couple hours in the afternoon without kids makes me a better mom and gives me the energy to gear up for all the of afterschool activities. I have a new leash on life this week. I hope it lasts until Spring. I love my kids, but I could never home school!

8 comments:

tawny said...

oh I need your enthusiam right now! I am dragging! It's all about perspective RIGHT?!?!
Your the best..thanks for my eggs and liquid gold...you SO cheered me up!!!

oh btw, the girls hair is cute! Good job... but do I dare do Ashes?? hmmmm

well off to mop, vacuum, and run...the life. (we need spring SOON!! xo)

Robison's said...

Their hair turned out great! I saw Abby's and Adri's. Great job woman!! You are a fabulous mom, and those kids are so lucky they have you as their mother. I totally agree though, I go crazy with my kids too. You really need that alone time. My kids have been so couped up this winter, they need to be outside or something. I can't wait til they go to school. Or spring! I feel ya, and so glad this week has been better for you! ;]

Jill said...

Amen sister. I could never home school either! You do a great job, your an amazing mommy!!

JW and Alli said...

Where are the AFTER pics??? :)

Kevin and Jeni said...

So glad I have only one girl with girl drama! We haven't made it to hair drama yet, but hopefully our Ashleigh will be able to stop that from ever happening!
I have so not missed year round school out here! I love my quiet afternoons! Glad you got yours back:)

tawny said...

I took inspiration from YOU and did Ashes hair!! It was so fun!! but I am sooo lucky it turned out....she could of looked like a skunk! But we did good! It blends nicely.... so yay good job girly...you may of just saved me some cash!

can't wait for tonight! yay!!!!
liquid gold, chocolate brownies, and bf girlies..need i say more?!

Robyn said...

What ever will you do when Kade is in school all day??? (he,he)
....sew, create, invent, help in class, clean, cook, be a mom, serve, etc....and then they'll go off track.:)
And then you'll do hightlights. And never have time for a job!

The hair is darling and hope you continue to enjoy your on track life. You're doin' good.:)

Barlow Adventures said...

I am so glad I am not the only one who feels that way when my kids are home all day. Your sister's baby is so cute! Where she is living now?