The Robisons had another baby yesterday. Actually the Bass family had a fifth child on Ground Hogs Day. Alli has been dialted to a 5 for a week now. At her OB appointment yesterday, she was almost a 7, so they told her to go to the hospital and have her baby. Two hours later and natural no drug delivery, a little GIRL was born. I have yet to see any pictures. No one knows how to send pictures except for Alli who has no access to her computer until tomorrow. The baby was three weeks early weighing 7 lbs. 12 oz and 21 3/4 inches long. She has a head full of black hair and inch long. Emma called her a gorilla!!!!! Little Jay was mad it was a girl. It's my only sister and I am so far away. It was a really happy day, but sad all at the same time. I get teary eyed just writing this. I wish my only sister lived closer. She is coming the first of April. I can't wait!!!!
I also took the girls ice skating and they each invited a friend. It's a cheap activity and it gets us outside for a bit. Cabin Fever sets in and the Winter Blues. We are trying to conquer both. Adri did not last long. It hurts her feet so she slidded in her boots. Her little friend Allie lasted a lot longer and then she slid around in her shoes too. Alex and Hallie were out there forever and didn't complain. They are so graceful out there!!!!! Abby didn't last long either. Her and Hailey decided to healy around the rink. Slippery!!! I tried it too. I've always hated ice skating and I still do. The shoes are so uncomfortable. I can do it, but I wish I had a comfortable pair of skates. We went home for gourmet hot chocolate. Included in gourmet hot cocoa is marshmellows, whoppers, whip cream, mints or candy canes and a lot of cocoa. Tasty snack!!! We went while Kaden was in school because he can't do it at all.
Yesterday I was a little down. Adri took these pictures of me one day. Isn't she funny. When the kids are off track there is little or no ME time. I just need a couple of hours. I am use to it now when Kade goes to preschool for a couple of hours every day. When will I fit it in between ortho appointments, babysitting everyones kids, entertaining, driving everywhere, cooking and cleaning all the time. I can't wait for them to all go back to school so I can have a little ME time. It's nice not to have homework, sleep in and stay up late, but the days get hard with out a little reprieve. One day........ I also think yesterday was hard because there was a new baby, but I couldn't see her. Today will be better. I have lunch at my house with a bunch of friends coming over. It can only get better!!!!
9 comments:
I cant even imagine how hard it is for you to be so far from Ally....so sucky! Makes me want to cry for you! But on the up side you have fabulous cousin close by! Lol....
oh NAt no wonder your heart is a BIT sad....you need your sissy and that beautiful baby! wow. she has so much hair. Good job Ali.
AND just gotta say...YOU are SupER mom! you really are.
Now I need a GNO before the 23rd..maybe we just plan one right up! Thanks for listening to me these past few CRAZY days...you are my bff girly. xo
You just need to buy a plane ticket - only one - and that will solve all your problems! You time AND see that baby!
Love that baby girl already. She is a doll. I cannot wait to see them in April. Sorry it's so hard to be far from your sister. Good thing their is the internet for pics and email.
Love the pics Adri took. I can't believe she took them. They are way good! I know what you mean with wanting 'me' time. I do too, but very rarely get it. Motherhood is our 24/7 job. Love it though. Have a happy day!
So happy to see the new addition to the Robison clan...she is darling! Any name yet?? So sorry you can't be with your sister - that would be rough. The Hackwell girls will adopt you for sure into our sisterly outings!!
Awww congratulations Alli! I would be so sad too, I feel bad that you can't be there with her. If you want to go visit her for a couple of days, I'll watch your kids!!! I can't believe she did it naturally. I bet that wasn't her choice, right? I remember she had to do one other one naturally too. How in the world can you be walking around dilated to a 7?
Sorry you're feeling blue. Come visit me. I'm blue too. We can be blue together and dream of summer. Or we should let your kids watch my kids and we'll go out and get some girl/adult time. I had to leave the first day Jake got home and just get away by myself for a few hours. Call me!
Being away from family is so hard when something big is happening. I feel bad for you, and bad for Ali! Tell her congrats from me, her sweet girl is too cute!
I love your blog and reading about all the stuff you guys do. You and Renn are AWESOME!
I am fixed!!!
And that baby is as cute as you said she was. Seriously, so beautiful!
Hopefully lunch made it a little better, thanks for letting the kids run around your house for a while! Absolutely we should do that more often.
Oh my goodness it took me a while to catch up, but I loved it all.
Now go eat something!!!:) You look way to thin my friend.
Nat, what a nice sister you are! It reminds me of when Alex was born. I was so far away, so excited about your first baby, but I definitely cried that day too. I remember laying on my bed in my dorm room that afternoon just waiting for the call and it was so exciting when I got the call that SHE was born. I was sad that I couldn't be there. April will come soon! Did I tell you she is such a good baby and your fluffy blanket is her magic blanket??? Seriously, it is!
Post a Comment