Tuesday, December 22, 2009

TIS THE SEASON.....I Can't Keep Up!


The true meaning of Christmas. Let us all remember. I love this time of year!!!! Nothing better!
Monday night we took a trip down to the Big City for the Larry H. Miller free trax, free sing along concert, free hotdog and soda, and free fun. We went with our neighbors, the Cooks. We had the best time. They are so much fun to be with, plus we feel like we are out of town when we are downtown. Jon Schmidt performed and he was excellent. I want to go to a concert of his. He is a comedic pianist and he also had a guy playing the cello who was amazing. We sang, ate and then went to Temple Square. It was cold but we managed to run, dance, jump and cuddle to stay warm.

The kids ate the hot dogs and soda and then we had to buy cotton candy. Zola fell asleep and that's a pic of her little hairy back. So cute. It was so crowded when we got down town we slipped into line and slipped right in. Not a very good example for our kids, but it worked. Trax was so crowded on the way home. An adventure to remember for sure. It was a magical night.

Monday was a busy day. Heather and Jordy Boy arrived Sunday night and stayed with us until Wednesday morning. It was fun to just be with them and their sweet kids. Heather and I ran errands on Monday and Kaden, Brayden and I played on the toy isle while she shopped. We were laughing so hard putting our faces into this toy. It totally looks like our faces. We were belly laughing. Then of couse, we went to Cafe Rio and who did I see, my friend Heidi and Mark Roberts. Mark turned 41 that day. He is old. I always see them at Cafe Rio. Next time we better be going together. The boys and I came home. They were fighting over toys a little bit and they both sat on either side of me and fell asleep. I wish I had someone to take the picture, but instead I crept out and took one myself. We wore them out!!! While Jordy and Heather stayed with us I got to take care of Bryell. I got to clean up a blow out, bath her, and feed her. I love that little baby. So precious. I got to play house again for a couple of days.

Sunday night Renn all of the sudden said it was FAMILY HOME EVENING. Usually I have to give him an idea or tell him to do it. This was out of the blue. I was caught off guard. He played the Forgotten Carol song "Let Him In" and then talked to the kids about letting Christ in their lives and then he pulled out this tile for all of them and Me Too!!!! He sure can surprise me sometimes. I was so happy at that moment and it was a neat family home evening. I knew he had to have some help and a lady in our ward helped him out. Such a great idea!!!

Christmas Sunday was busy. I always take a family picture that day when we are all dressed up and coordinating and no one would take one, but Alex. I was so mad. It's tradition. Abby was puking and hates pictures and Renn shot me down. I was mad at all of them. No picture this year. We made soft gingerbread cookies for Renn's class and ate a little chips and salsa. Doesn't Alex look cute. We got the last of our gifts delivered. Such a relief.
Grammie threw a party for Pita's 1 st b-day Sunday night. Last year was so much fun having a new baby a few days before Christmas. Now she is so big and beautiful. She babbles a ton and is very active. Grammie had go fish, stickers and we played DOUBLE DOUBLE THIS THAT. We all got into it and had a blast. Sorry Uncle Davie for all the kids climbinb all over you. You are going to be such a great daddy in March. Dawn looks so cute prego. Kaden got this Santa hat in church on Sunday filled to the brim with stuff. He has worn it all week. I love it!!!!!

ANNIVERSARY REDO!!!!Renn was gone hunting on our anniversary and barely made it home in a storm. We went out last weekend to Rodizio for a fantastic meal. It was a nice peaceful night, which we need every week from the kids. We talked and ate and then went to a work party. Every year we go to this party for PR reasons. It's different crowd. They drink and there are a lot of different people there. We will remember the IBS problems and the gay topics for years. We about got kicked out of the party.
BEAUTIFUL ALEX !!!! She is becoming quite the dancer. She is so beautiful and fun to watch. She had her dance recital Dec 18th at Cottonwood High School. We were only there for 2 hours. That's amazing. We were only in the first program which was nice. Usually I am there all night with three girls dancing, but Adri and Abby have moved studios. Adri and Kaden were a handful, but at least we were not there very long. Grammie and Papa came to watch also. Alex is so close to her team and especially Allie and Hallie. Alex has so much confidence and a great group of friends. We then went to our favorite Christmas lights. The lights are sychronized to music and it is AMAZING. We sit and watch the lights every year for 15 minutes or so. Then it was off to Alex's pick, Scone Cutter. Scones and shakes for all. Fun night.

Last week the Brown's threw their annual Soup and Sing. It's a fun tradition and I'm just glad it's at their house and not ours. They invite their friends and other friends from the nieghborhood. The kids were watching a movie while everyone was getting there. There were at least 30 kids there. It was crazy but fun!!!


Mindy and Jason are so nice to let us invade their big beautiful house. Mindy plays the piano while Jason leads us, not very well, in the songs.


This is the Cook clan. This was their first year here.


Renn and Kaden with their Rudolph noses!!!!


Adri, Jovi and I with our Rudolph noses. Adri and I got to hold Jovi all night. Everywhere I go, I get my baby fix. We love the Browns and the food was great too.
I hope you are all enjoying and making fun family memories and
feeling the real MAGIC IN THE AIR!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

You are one busy chicky!! I love all your pictures! Saw Alex doing crossing gaurd in the snow the other day...felt so bad for her! Hope you guys ahve a great wonderful christams! Love and stuff!

tawny said...

Ahhh love Renn's FHE...way to go..I like the tile!!! so cool.
You guys are way to busy, all over the city and back. What a fun life. I love Christmas too...so many parties and events, but aren't you even a TAD tired?? You are a crazy busy cute mama too!

It is the Eve of the Eve! yay! and don't you love all this snow... Sooo perfect for Christmas!

Merry Christmas Mcbride Fam!

p.s How did Abby's big day go???