Christmas was finally here. All the shopping deals, last minute errands, wrapping and so much work was done!!! Ready or not!!! This is the sight before the kids came in the family room. Nice and neat!!!
Their eyes were priceless. I think all of them got what they wanted. Alex wanted a desk, Abby wanted a new bed spread, Adri an ipod and barbie motorhome, Kaden a new bike and transformers. Lucky kids. Abby also got a surprise pedi and hand wax set. It was a sight to see and a lovely mess.
Renn and I got to put a couple of things together. The kids enjoyed playing their games and giving pedicures. I loved my new rug. Kaden loved riding his new bike without a coat. Renn showed us his new awesome shoes. Too bad they don't fit!!! He loved them.
Every year it's a tradition that the Robisons are all invited to Breakfast at the McBrides. It was at 10 a.m. this year. Buttermilk pancakes served by the best chef ever, Renn. Grammie brough Breakfast in a pan also. It was a tasty breakfast with lots of family memories. David, Dawn, Chelsea, and Justin came. See her cute belly!!! Matthew, Ashley and Pita came over. G & G Nelson arrived just in time and Grammie and Papa. Papa fell asleep on Rena and Ted's couch. I'm telling. We missed Jordy and Alli's families. Maybe one year. Renn and I cuddled on the couch after for a nice break!!!!
I have three kids that cannot just chill. They had to go try their new sleds out. Renn was a good sport and took them to Daybreak. I cleaned up and Alex just chilled. I wish I had more that could sit still like big Al. Adri turfed it and was scared the rest of the time. 
We were off to Grammie and Papa's for dinner. Everyone was there except for Alli and J.W. and kids. So sad that they live so far away. Jordy and Heather made it from Roosevelt just in time. We ate on CHINA, played cards, ate lots of dessert, opened presents and loved each other. It was such a nice afternoon and night. My mom got a Mrs. Claus outfit from all of her kids. My dad plays Santa sometimes, now she can too!!!! She was a good sport and tried it on. We were all laughing and enjoying ourselves immensley. She was funny in the costume and would not put on the wig because it would mess her hair up. Jordy sat around and told racist and Tiger Wood jokes, which Grandpa Nelson was in tears laughing so hard. We were all laughing and enjoying Jordy Boy.
More fun, food and family. So much tasty food. There is always January so we ate up!!! The kids had so much fun playing downstairs with all of Grammie's toys. Matthew just moved out of their basement and the toys are like new to the grandkids. It was nice to send them downstairs. Renn threw the kids in the air, Aunt Sandy talked to them one on one, my girls loved holding the babies. It was a MAGICAL DAY and so much love.
We came home and got a surprise call from Renn's parents in AFRICA. This is the first time we have talked to them by phone. It was fun to hear of their Christmas and the traditions in Africa. They mainly just have a meal with loved ones and not many gifts. They are a poor people. G & G McBride are such an example to us. We know their mission is not easy, but they never complain. We put the little ones to bed. Renn and the girls played cards while I wrote my Relief Society talk. Good inspiration on Christmas Night!!!! It worked out great and I was done in one hour and then joined the card players. We enjoyed one another's company so much on Christmas. In the end, all we have is each other!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! May it continue throughout the year.
6 comments:
Love Mrs. Claus! So cute! Looks like so so much fun!
Holy smokes...love your rug...It's beautiful!! seriously love the colors...good job girl!
Your house looked beautiful and festive..Christmas morning looked simply magical. It was a great day wasn't! Love your mom and all the effort she goes too...Merry Christmas Mcbrides...NOW off to playing and playing and playing..
thanks for your ideas today ;)xo
looks like a great Christmas!! your kids are so cute. Where did santa find that cute bed spread. I've been trying to find one for Macy for a year and hate everything. I loved that one, let me know!! have a good week!
Looks like a busy fun day. We missed you all, too. BUT, I loved staying in my pjs all day and not having to do a thing! Try it sometime! :)
You do such a great job and blogging - I love the new format! Christmas at the McBrides looks like a ton of fun, and don't you just love spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Nelson and Aunt Sandy?? They add alot of laughs! Christmas is a ton of work, but always worth it in the end....
Christmas was super fun this year! Glad we could be there for part of it! Still love your idea about Mrs. Clause. Your so good. Jordy was a hoot! He always loves to make people laugh. Great Christmas and loved reading about your whole Christmas.
Post a Comment