Sunday, December 13, 2009

TIS THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!
Parties Galore


Renn and Kaden were off to Roosevelt to go Elk Hunting this weekend. So the girls are doing what they know best, shopping and parties!!!!!! I am teaching them so well. Ha ha. We couldn't cook at home this weekend so we went to Cafe Rio for dinner one night. Before Renn left, he said that we were going to Cafe Rio because that's what we always do. Well he was right. Alex had a sleepover with her BFF Hallie, Abby had one with her BFF Kailey and Adri had a late night with her BFF Allie. Friday night it was just Adri and I. She slept in my bed. She grinded and snapped her teeth all night. She is going to have no teeth. I've got to go to the dentist and get a tooth guard. At least we were all together for Cafe Rio, dollar store, and Harmons!!!!!!

Saturday was the yearly Nelson Christmas party. Aunt Sandy and Aunt Bonnie were in charge. The older aunts, uncles and grandparents act like this is so hard to put on every year. I think us younger generation cousins need to step in and take charge. We all love getting together and catching up. Santa came to visit. Doesn't my dad make a cute Santa. Don't tell!!!!!! Shhh. As soon as my dad came out, Adri was yelling "That's Papa." I had to quiet her really fast. My girls all were silly on Santa's lap. Alex told Santa she wanted everything and Santa told her she was getting NOTHING for that. Little Corbyn cried on Santa's lap, but then he walked around him and starred for awhile. It was so fun and cute. I also saw my MAMA kissing SANTA CLAUS!!! My cousin Jill and BFF sat on Santa's lap with me. We are glued when we are together. Our b-days are a day apart and we've been BFF's our whole lives. She just passed the test for nursing school and I am so excited for her. She has been wanting to do it for ten years. She inspires me.
We had a good spread and enjoying catching up with everyone. There were cousin tables, old people tables, and mixed tables. Look at the bottom left picture with my hairy brother Matthew. Someone asked him in school if he was from Persia. Time to shave don't ya think. My grandpa and grandma Nelson handed out bags of goodies for the litte great grand kids and big candy bars for all of us grandkids. We had yummy ham sandwiches, salads, fruit and veggie trays, chips and dip, and a whole lot of treats.

Here are some random cute pictures. Lots of love on the Nelson side.

That night we had the ward Christmas party too!!!!! In between parties we went shopping to Aeropostale, Justice for Girls, Target, and JCPenney. I was exhausted by the time we got to the ward party. I was happy to sit. It was a nice party, but not as fun as other years. The entertainment was not that great as in years past except the Primary kids did a good job singing. I think Tawny should have planned our party. We need some new faces to plan some new stuff. The food was good though!!!!! Alex went to another party with her friends that night for Christmas. They collected humanitarian kits for the Christmas Box House. They also tied quilts and exchanged little gifts. Such a great idea. The kids learned service and also had fun!!
On Thursday night, it was my turn for BOnko. We had chicken haystacks, mint brownies, caramel brownies, candy, and cheese ball with crackers. It was a fun night except a couple girls dogged out last minute and my friend Tawny text me and told me she wanted to come. I then told her she could and to bring a friend. She was just kidding, but I needed some subs. It was a fun night. A lot of work goes into cleaning, cooking and getting ready for Bonko, but we only host one night a year. My BFF Lindsay since 3 years old, made 7 aprons as part of the prizes. I then bought some scarfs for the rest. Lindsay decided she wanted to learn to sew recently and has learned all on her own. She amazes me what she takes on and teaches herself. We loved the aprons. Now to sell them and make money on them. Any takers!!!!!!
Another December Christmas Party week down and three more to go. What else can we fit into the month!!!!!!!





4 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Love the Aprons, Gabryella is soooo cute, Matthew is soooo Scary! Wish I could have been there to see everyone! :)

tawny said...

Yes! I looooove my pink polka apron...and thanks for letting us crash your bonko party...it happened all so fast. But it was a great night that I could come, relax, eat, and play with the girlies! You had delicious food and the BEST caramel brownies ever...thanks for the fun night! You seem to always pull everything off so effortlessly.

Last christmas week...I can't believe it!!! Good luck with your parties adn we should get all the girls to go to the last christmas concert at the mall tues!!!

Happy Anniversary!!

Robison's said...

Fun weekend for you! Sorry for friday.. :/ I really wanted to hang w you! Next time we will make for sure plans, huh! Fun party at the Nelsons! I stole some pics! :)

Lindsay said...

That was a fun night! I always love getting out for bunco and your food was delicious! Good prizes too, hehehe :) You've had a busy month! I've only been focused on moving so I haven't felt Christmasy too much, sad cuz now it's almost over.