Sunday, December 13, 2009

HAPPY 13th ANNIVERSARY On THE 13th!!!!!!



These are some funny looking pictures and it was only 13 years ago. The quality is not the best, but it will do. Thirteen years ago Renn and I got married on Friday the thirteenth. I had been waiting since summer to marry Renn and I didn't want a December wedding. But it happened anyways and I was happy it was Friday the Thirteenth. It was an okay winter day all morning and afternoon. My mom, dad and I picked up Renn early that morning and rode down to the temple together. It was weird seeing the groom before the wedding. Ned Winder married us in the Salt Lake Temple. He was a cute old man. He turned off the lights in the elevator after the wedding and had us kiss. It was funny. I was working full time back then and my mom would call me at work and ask me how I wanted a particular detail for the wedding and I would say yes or no. She pretty much took care of everything and I just said yes or no. My mom was so great. Anyways after the pictures at the temple grounds we headed back to Sandy to the Hamtpon Inn for our wedding luncheon. Renn's family suggested Chuck A Rama and I was not about to go to Chuck Your Grandma for my wedding luncheon. We settled on Hampton Inn. I could barely eat because my stomach was in knots.


My reception was a winter wonderland. My colors were red, black and white. I had red roses everywhere. The refreshments were peppermint ice cream with hot fudge on top and sugar cookies. It was suppose to be festive. Here are some pictures of my bridesmaids, Renn's groomsmen and my brothers and sisters. Everyone looks so much younger. That night it started to snow. A real storm had moved in. Renn and I had to be to the airport at 10 p.m. to catch a red eye for our cruise to the Caribbean. My reception started at 6 p.m. and ended at 8 p.m. There was still a really long line and so Renn and I walked down the line and said thanks and bye to people. My dad drove us so fast to the airport in that storm. He is a fabulous driver. Needless to say we made it and our lives have been just as crazy since.

Thirteen years later, Renn and Kaden barely made it home from Roosevelt in another snow storm. They almost crashed a couple of times going through the canyons. I was so happy they were home safe. We had a candle light dinner with the kids. They were so excited to eat on our Christmas china with candles. They were so good at setting the table. I was nervous the whole time that something was going to bust. I also made Renn his favorite cherry pie. It was a nice evening to read books, eat and enjoy one another. I'm so happy everyone is home safe and my boyfriend is back with me.

Over the past 13 years, there have obviously been good times and bad times. We are definitely in the good times now. I love Renn and appreciate all he does for our family. He is such a hard worker and makes my load lighter. We make a very good team and I am so happy to have him on my team for life. In these crazy times when you look around and see all the marriages failing and crazy stuff going on, I'm so grateful for our relationship and friendship that keeps us solid. Thanks Renn for the past crazy, fun, exciting, happy, sad, good, the bad, entertaining, romantic, loving, learning, trying, and overall fabulous THIRTEEN YEARS.


6 comments:

tawny said...

Holy smokes, MY colors were black, white, and red too!! I loved it...to me it was classic, elegant and a clean look for a wedding.
I loved seeing pics of your wedding day and hearing all about your Friday the 13th wedding...we know eachother so well BUT never seen wedding pics....it's all so sweet. Love it, love your stories. congrats!

JW and Alli said...

What funny pictures, everyone does look younger. You know for all the complaining about Dads crazy driving - it definitely comes in handy at times, I'm grateful for it too! Glad the boys got home safely and you were able to have a nice evening. AND pull out your china more often and relax - otherwise it will just stay in a China cabinet for no reason. :) JW pulls ours out sometimes on weekdays! He's funny. But it does make the meal look and maybe even taste nicer! Congrats on the big 13!

Robyn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!
You two really have done good. Congratulations lady!

I can't believe your mom planned all of that. My mom didn't help with one dang thing! Including money!
Your lucky. Lucky 13.
And I love all the wedding pictures, how fun are they??!!

Robison's said...

Wow Nat! That is so awesome! Good job for lasting 13 years!;) Happy Anni you guys! So glad those boys got home safe. Love the pics! You all look soooo young! Craziness! Glad your friday the 13th wedding didn't turn out a freaky friday! lol Good luck! See you soon!

Jana said...

I LOVE YOUR Pics! It is so fun to see them! I totally remeber that night!!! I remember you runnin out of there! Good times! Did I catch your flowers? I think I did. Congrtas!!

Lindsay said...

Happy anniversary! 13 crazy years! I remember the night you got engaged. Life's changed a lot since then! and I remember when all of your babies were born. Honestly, you and Renn are perfect for each other :) Conratulations on 13 years!