Thursday, December 31, 2009

ITS BEEN A DECADE SINCE ABBY'S BIRTH AND Y2K!!!!
Can you believe all the technological developments in the world since Abby was born. Wow. It's amazing. Facebook, My Space, Blogging, Black Berries, Ipods, I Touch, Twittering, Texting, Wii, DS, Skype and so on. It's gone by so fast, but so much has changed in life. I didn't even own a cell phone then and now I can't live without one!!!
Awesome old pictures!!! I look so young and Renn looks so old fashioned!!!


Abby had a b-day party the week before Christmas in hopes all her friends would be around. It's a good thing because no one is around this week!!! Not even Aunt Alli. Last year I wrote a post about her birth and also the fun family party we had with tons of extended family. This year things are different. We still had a fun day!!! After all, everyone has a party for Abby on December 31st!!!!!
In the last year Abby has gone through a stage. I wrote that she was easy going and pleasant last year. Now, she is undecisive, crazy, fun, lippy and onery at times this year. A real pre teen. I hope it's another stage or maybe a sign of things to come. Any way she acts from year to year, we love her and will keep her. Abby woke up and opened her presents. She got lots of decor for her new updated room. She got her bedspread for Christmas and now it's time to decorate. Rugs, curtains, pictures. She also got an outfit from Justice and a new chair for her room.

Grammie and Papa met us at Red Robin for lunch. Every year Abby begs to go to Red Robin all because of their ONION RINGS. Last year we opted for a big family pizza party at our house New Years Eve. Abby was upset and has not let me forget it all year. One way or another we were going to Red Robin. We are having a small party at our house for New Years tonight and I knew I had to get her to Red Robin for lunch. Thank goodness. Now I won't hear about it all year. They even brough out extra onion rings for free. It was perfect.

Abby also got a free mud pie. She was so embarrassed when they brought it out. It was huge and she wanted it all to herself. I put my foot down and made her share. No one needs a whole MUD PIE!!! Thanks Grammie and Papa for making our New Years Eve special and joining us. Papa even paid the bill. I should take him with me more often. In the car Abby opened her present from Grammie and it was the pj's that she threw a complete fit over on Christmas Eve. She couldn't decide which pair she wanted and now she has both!!!! Thanks Grammie for solving that craziness.

Now for more partying tonight. I hope this New Year sees everyone healthy and loving life to the fullest. I know I have a lot to be thankful for and I am reminded of that everyday. Here's to a NEW YEAR!!!!!!

2 comments:

Robison's said...

HaPpY BiRthdAy Abbigail!!! Looks like her bday was a blast. You guys always make your kids bdays fun and special. Love that girl! I also really really really love your pics from 1999! Awesome!! You do look so young, like a teenager, and Renn Does look old fashioned. :)

tawny said...

OH Abby! What a cute girl she is!! I love her spunk..it makes her totally Abby. Also I have a question for u: HOW do you always pull off darlin' birthday parties and family gatherings so effortlessly and perfectly?? You are such a good mama and you always do so great for your kids and your family. You always have fab ideas! llove it!