Thursday, December 24, 2009

PARTY, BIRTHDAY PARTY, PARTY!!!!!

What?? A party two days before Christmas. I must be crazy. That's why Christmas has to be done with by December 1st so I am prepared for other things during the month. Abby is turning 10 years old on December 31, 2009. So many of her friends leave town and do family things, so many years we do a b-day party the week before Christmas. It was December 23rd from 3-6 p.m. My girls love watching me play BONKO and that's how we came up with the idea. They played BONKO for prizes. Alex and her friend Madi helped me with the scoring and tallying up points. They were a big help. We had chips and salsa, candy, and pop for munchies during BONKO. The girls played for necklaces, scarves, make-up and fuzzy socks. It turned out great and was lots of fun!!!!!
Then on to the MAIN EVENT. PRESENTS!!!! Abby got some cute tops, purse, webkinz, and lots of spa, bath type presents. Abby was a little excitable all day.

We went for the easy dinner PIZZA!!!!! Only Renn and I ate or kept on eating!!!

Abby loves the infamous ice cream cake that we have on Christmas. It's peppermint ice cream on top of an oreo crust and then you top it off with crushed candy canes and fudge. It's like asphalt pie, but FESTIVE!!!!! Abby's friends that attended the party are: Hailey, Millie, Elize, Kailey, Sadie and McKenna.

The girls had a little bit of time just to hang out. They played freeze dance and Mafia. Kade was shaking it too. I was laughing so hard at him. That's not really like him. Abby had a way fun party and now it's over!!! Yay!!!! On New Years we will have some family fun. I can't believe she will be 10 years old. I have two over 10 now. That's just crazy!!!


That night Abby had a sleepover and they gave each other spa treatments. Kade had to join in. Boys need spa treatments too!!!!

Also on the 23rd were the girls school Christmas parties. I want to go to all of Alex's this year because it's her last. I help in Alex's and visit Abby's for 30 minutes only. They are always at the same time. Alex has a really fun class with a fun group of girls. They played charades with Christmas songs, which the girls won. They also did a Mad Lip to Twas the Night Before Christmas. Some how Alex is the center of attention most times I go in her classroom. She is not afraid to talk out loud whenever and say whatever. She was Saint Alex or Saint Nick in the Mad Lib and it was pretty funny. They also did white elephants. Alex took a deodorant stick and wrote "You Stink." Her teacher got that one. It was pretty funny. One of the boys got a justice box with some stuff in it, but he jumped up and down when he saw the pink box. I don't remember what was in it. That was funny too. Then one boy got a big Christmas vest. I wanted that one to wear. The kids had cookies, fruit kabobs and a Hot Chocolate Bar that I put on. It's a fun idea. You have hot chocolate with toppings. The toppings were candy canes, whoppers, marshmellows, and spray whip cream. It's way yummy!!!

Off to Abby's class. They made gingerbread houses out of milk cartons, decorated sugar cookies, drank hot chocolate and made candy canes out of pipe cleaners. Their class parties are awesome. I don't remember having this great of parties. Kaden loves coming with me to the parties and getting all of the attention. Abby gets really upset if we can't help in her classroom with everything, field trips, parties, class stores, and volunteering. She should have been an only child because that is what she thinks!!!! I'm glad I get to stay home and see the joy on my childrens face when I participate at school and get involved. I guess that means they like me!!!!
It's CHRISTMAS EVE and we are off to the movies, dinner, nativity, and
I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS BOOK!!!! I hope you all have family traditions and have a great CHRISTMAS with the true meaning beaming everywhere. Love you all! DID I MENTION I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!






1 comment:

tawny said...

Merry Christmas Mcbrides!!

I hope you had a happy and magical Christmas! We love you guys!

(Nat..we talk soon! Back to real life now...can't wait to see your post!)

Have a great week...! xoxo