WOULD YOU RATHER...........
(Boys Weekend vs. Girls Weekend)
Hang out with your favorite girls all weekend and do girly things!!!!!
Go to school Halloween parties and watch the kids have fun and smile. I helped make the hats from Alice in Wonderland.
Adri ate nachos, played a chocolate game with gloves and a knife, BINGO and made Mad Hatter hats. Abby played dress up games, and bubbly games.
The bubbly game was food coloring hidden under baking soda on a spoon and vinegar in the cup. It would bubble and look spooky. They had to be the first team to get all three colors bubbling first. Alex got to dress in PJs and play donut on a string, the balloon around the leg game, and I made a million carmeled apples for all. They also got to make slim with their teachers guidance.
Alex's teacher was a little violent with this game. He was bound and determined to win. She won out of all the girls.
Gardner Village was wonderful and Witchy!!!!! I love Witchy Poo the best. Alex is cute and smiley.
Witch Hunt!!!!!
We are beautiful witches too!!!
Adri was finally happy when she got her cotton candy. To our SURPRISE, the other McBride family came to town for a girls weekend out. They called us and we hooked up for dinner at Carinos and a trip to the mall. The girls ran crazy in Dino land and bought some doo dads in Claires. MacKenzie and Sydney have never been on escalators before. It was fun to watch them.
On Saturday, I had SUPER SATURDAY until 2 p.m. I made witch hats, watches, book marks, and Clam Chowder. We had a mini production of WICKED and lots of food and treats. My ward knows how to throw a party. It was amazing and the best day ever. Later we hooked up with Jenn and the girls at Cafe Rio and had a ball. The car was so noisy. The girls were so hyper together. Jenn's girls didn't want to go home Sunday. They said it was the best time of their lives. They spent the night and had sleepover and went home Sunday afternoon. We might make this a yearly tradition!!!!!!
----------------------------OR----------------------
Have a camp fire!!!!!
Sleep in a trailer!!!!!!
With your cousins!!!! (Mac and Kaden)
Campfire with Mac, Jordan, Brayden, Kaden, Cody and Galvin.
Take naps because you are so tired from walking and hunting all day!!!!
Play in the woods with your boy cousins all day!!!!
Climb dirt hills all day!!!! (Kaden is in the orange hat)
Watch Uncle Jordy Boy gut a deer and get bloody hands!!!!
Kaden called me and told me he needed to tell me something
Kaden called me and told me he needed to tell me something
serious. He said that Jordan's hands were covered in blood
and he had to wash them off with water. I laughed.
Second Generation deer hunters!!!!!!!!
Did I say deer, I meant foxes and coyotes too!!!! The boys
were so scared to get by the fox. Mean dads.
Cute Brayden sleeping!!! They hunted early and hunted late. No time for sleep while hunting.
Cute Kaden!!! What's all over your face. You wouldn't look like that with me.
See Beautiful Flaming Gorge Scenery!!!!!
Whether it was the boys or the girls, we each had fun doing our thing. I think I will stick to the girls weekend out. I don't like foxes, coyotes, bloody hands, waking up early, staying up late, being cold, or dirty faces. I'm glad I got to be with the girls and Renn is happy he got to share Kaden's 1st Deer Hunt with him. I'm sure there will be many more years with girls vs. boys weekends. Renn has hunted with his dad and brother since they were young too and I've been shopping and going out to eat for awhile also. Ha Ha!!!!!
7 comments:
Girls weekend all the way!! You sure packed in alot of stuff....the boy weekend looked exhausting and cold. J.D. gave up the hunting thing when we got married, because so often the deer hunt is over my birthday and there is no way I am eating venison (brat, maybe, but still the truth).
P.S. - the jury is still out on whether or not Morgan liked the kiss or not, hmmm.
oh cute post! Love the comparison.
Isn't funny how different boys are from girls????
We all love and need such different things in our lives...
I am just so grateful to be a girl,(for sooo many reasons)Hunting has no appeal..BUT I'm sure it was so cool for Kaden to be with dad and be a "man!" That's the best!!
Love the girl weekends too..they are fab!!! Looks like you had a ton of fun!
..btw, you are a hot mama in the first pic!
Have a great Halloween!!!!!!!!
okay....
I am tired and my previous comment was a little disjointed!
Im still on Miami time!
good night!!! :)
I'd go with the girls weekend! But camping at Flaming Gorge sounds fun for maybe a night...and in the summer! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Except you missed one fun party. I want to go to gardner village while the witches are still there i better hurry!
Way cute post! Wish I could have come out for the girls weekend! I did nothin but be sick in my home. :( I haven't even seen the pics from their hunting trip so thanks for sharing.. They seemed to have had a ton of fun, along with you girls. ;)
I love your post! Good for your men to even take pictures! I am impressed! How fun!
Hanging with the GIRLS for sure!! I swear you and I are on the same wave length...we did almost the EXACT same stuff while my kids were on break - Gardner, Witchy Poo was OUR fave and we have pics to prove it too, Dino-land,and almost Cafe Rio before the kids vetoed it in favor of, you guessed it, Chik-fil-a.
The comparisons cracked me up. Boys sure are a different breed...and what the crap is all over Kaden's face in every picture?? Where was his mother to wipe that off?
Post a Comment