Renn collects money for our HOA in our neighborhood to keep the entrance trimmed and looking good. He is not even on the committee, but no one else will do it. He has no problem collecting money from the stingy neighbors. Last Spring, Renn had a brilliant idea. He asked the Home Owners Pres. if his girls could mow the entrance for a job spring, summer and fall. They got the job. Alex and Abby would switch off weeks and mow the entrance. Renn would trim and make sure they did a good job. They will make a couple hundred dollars from their little job. Most will go into saving, a little in their pocket and some tithing. That's the way they want to disperse their money. Alex is so responsible with money. She hates spending it like Renn. Abby will spend it a little more freely like me.
This is the hardest working man I know. His dad and brother are the exact same. He works rain or shine, sick or well. He has provided a good living for our family. He would work four jobs if he needed too. I married well, except he likes to keep the money tight. Pretend like there is none. I guess I will have a good retirement. He puts things into perspective and I need that. He started working when he was young, selling nickel ads(which were free), delivering newspapers, Chicken Time and the grocery store. He has always worked for what he needed. He is starting my kids young and teaching them how to work hard and at the same time teaching them the value of money. These are two great gifts he is giving my children and I hope they appreciate it as they get older.
WHO SAID GIRLS CAN"T MOW LAWNS!!!!!!!
4 comments:
Your blog is so much fun to read. I can't believe how much your family can do in a week!
Alex and Abby's job is so awesome! learning about money is always rewarding. When we have money again I hope I'll be able to channel Renn's inner scrooge.
Tell your girls and Kayden we miss them. My kids love to see them on your blog. I'm glad you always have so many pictures to look at!
Take care. Don't spend too much time in one place! Love you guys
Renn sounds like my dad!! To earn money we scooped horse manure on our "farm" for 5 bucks an hour. At first I thought it was awful BUT in the end I ended up really appreciating the lessons my dad taught me! I actually still love to shovel horse manure...I guess I am a little crazy eh! I think it's the hard farm life that instills all the good values....
anyways, good post, good lessons, and good Dad!! Your kids will be so good for it!
and so happy for your profile pic!
good job girl...
waiting for Picasa :)
and tomorrow???
Good dad Renn! Most kids have no idea how to work hard anymore. Jake is a hard worker too, I think there's something about smaller towns where kids learn how to work. That's why you and I are moving you know where!! They're learning a valuable lesson and they will appreciate it one day....or at least look back and laugh!
Post a Comment