Monday, October 12, 2009

FALL IS IN THE AIR


My girls informed me that it is FALL and we needed to decorate. They helped me pull the decor. out of the storage room and get to work. I don't have much. I wish I had more. Renn thinks decorating is a waste of money and therefore doesn't endorse it.

My Halloween book that my mom sent me in college at BYU Hawaii. Beware of the Brindlebeast. I love to read it to my kids every year. My mom wrote a special note to me inside. I love her for those little things she did and still does. Like canning all my peaches while I was in Hawaii so they wouldn't go bad. She is amazing.

Love Fall Soccer. Kaden is on the Green Lizards team this year. He scored five goals Saturday. He also fell a ton. Is he clumsy or what. Maybe a big dodo boy. Also we had two orphans stay at our house over the weekend. Galvin, Kaden's cousin, and Prezlei the baby sister. The 25 lb. 11 month old baby sister. My biceps are huge after this weekend. Abby was the mother. She fed, bathed, clothed, entertained, changed diapers, and packed her around. Kaden gets a slurpee if he scores and so Renn bought slurpees for all after 5 goals. Kaden told Renn that he kept his eye on the ball and that's how he scored so much. Some games he doesn't score at all.

The annual pumpkin patch hunt. Renn and I love this more than anything. The kids have a blast looking at all the pumpkins. Just pick one all ready and don't smash them.

They have all picked a pumpkin, two bigger, one medium, two smaller, two corn stalks=$17.

Tractor love. Why is it that every pumpkin patch has a tractor.

The girls and I shopped Saturday for accesories to their Halloween costumes. They are off track this year and I told them find something in our house. Alex is being a SKI BUNNY, Abby is a VAMPIRE, Adri is an ANGEL, and Kaden is a SCARY GUY. Kaden wants to be a scary guy every year. It's fine with me, it's free. Renn and I snuck out of the house without the six children for a HOT DATE. I love hot date weekends. We went to dinner and a movie. When we came home the house was full of webs and spiders. We also smelled some homemade brownies.

MORE SPIDERS. NOT REAL!!! Alex is concerned about our lack of decor.

My dad has been in the hospital for two weeks tomorrow. For years and years, he has had a bloating problem and then it goes away, comes back, goes away and sometimes he has to go to the hospital. This time it was so bad, he went to emergency. No one can find out the exact problem and diagnos it. My poor dad and mom. We went to visit Papa on Sunday. The kids all made cards.

Grammie was showing the kids the view while Renn and I talked to dad. He is exhausted. He had surgery 10 days ago, but his system is having a hard time working again. He has a pic line for nutrients. They found intestines all over the place and scar tissue. They fixed him all up and thought he would be good to go. Saturday night, my dad started bloating again. Back to the beginning now.

I know this is a hard time for my dad. I'm sure he gets discouraged, but he never shows it. My mom and him always have smile when we visit. We are praying for you. So many people are praying for you.

My dad is at the new hospital and this is MURRAY PARK. We miss you Murray pool. We could see the roof. What a beautiful view. We pray and hope that someone will be able to help my dad and diagnos his problem so he can go on with life. He has to much to do and too many people to serve. He doesn't like all the service on him, he would rather be out serving others.

6 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Fun Stuff! (Except for Dad - he doesn't look too good.) Tell Adri congrats on being the Star Student. It was fun reading about her!

tawny said...

When I see the pic of your dad it almost makes me cry! That is so awful, I have been following his prognosis now for 2 long, hard weeks. All I can say is I am sorry and sure hope the doctors can figure out his stomach problems. Your mom is a trooper to always be at his side. He will get better...WE will all pray for him. Love your fall pics. xo

Robyn said...

Your pumpkin pics look very similar to mine! Definitely one of the best parts of the season. Maybe we went to the exact same pumpkin patch with that exact tractor!

So sorry about your Daddio, your mom really is so wonderful, and looks like she's taking good care of him.
Hopefully you got everything we talked about last week taken care of.:)
You're a good daughter too, ya know.

Jana said...

Ummmm....I didn't even know that about your Dad!! I am out in the dark! So sorry! Sucky! My prayers are with your Dad and Mom! Let me know if we can ever do anything for you guys! Hugs!

Lindsay said...

You have LOTS of good decorations! Way more than I have. Your house looks good. I'm glad your dad seems to be doing better. Hopefully he'll get to come home tomorrow. Lunch was fun, but I ate too much. Let's go again in 2 weeks~!

Jenn said...

Loser Jenn didn't know about your dad either...I feel bad. I am so sorry to hear, that has to be awful for your mom. I hope things get better with him soon, it is so hard when there is no diagnosis.

The rest of your post was cute, we got out all of our Halloween and Fall stuff over conference weekend and Ella thought that was far too late - it is just such a pain to dig out of the storage rooms. I loved that Alex watched all of conference with no begging and pleading (it gets that way around my house sometimes) - she is a cute girl...