Saturday, May 30, 2009

GIRL STUFF AND LOTS OF IT!!!!!!
(Competitions, Recitals, Off Track, Big decisions)

LAST COMPETITION-NATIONALS!!
It was a long day. We got to Skyline Highschool at 8:30 a.m. and did not go home until midnight. They were 2 hours behind part of the day. We left before all the awards were announced because a computer broke down. What a joke. Lunch at Cafe Rio was a highlight for us all. Our neighbors were at the same competition and they popped in on us eating lunch. It was fun to see so many neighbors at this competition because they go to a different dance studio.

It was Alex's friend Bella's b-day and they made flip flops during one of the long waits. Abby did awesome at her dance. She wasn't suppose to not dance, per doctors orders, because she had hurt her foot really bad. She did anyways. It was in the morning and she just hung out with me the rest of the day. Alex had one in the morning, afternoon, and evening. The girls all did awesome. Alex got 1st on all of her dances. It's kind of sad that all the comps are over, but a relief at the same time. Renn has been a good sport staying with the two monsters at home.

We had an Activity Days Mother Daughter activity that same weekend. We had dinner and the girls learned how to act like ladies. It was so fun and such a cute activity. Lori Edmunds, Leann McConnell, and Colette Longson all talked to the girls on becoming classy ladies. They are all classy women from our ward. Suzanne and Char do such a great job as the Activity Day leaders.
The girls were off track and in need of a haircut. Little did I know that it was so much more than a hair cut. My sister-in-law Ashley cuts their hair. She came over to the house and asked them if they wanted highlights. I did not hear this conversation. I came and the girls asked if they could have highlights. I replied, like usual, not until you are older. I don't need to start this now. Ashley apologized and said it was just for fun and she wasn't going to charge me. Just for fun-I said okay. They are cute. The girls were so excited. Alex had the biggest smile all afternoon. Adri is in traditional school this year and I wasn't going to check her out to get her hair cut. I never thought she would notice the girl's hair. She surprised me and told Alex her hair looked weird. That's about all she said and didn't make a fuss. She is noticing a lot more and I can't hide stuff from her anymore. Maybe she is getting smarter!!!!

I watched Pita girl while the others were high maintenance. She is so cute!!!

Alex and Abby's results. Alex kept posing and looking at herself all day. Abby's was a little more subtle and so is she. They both look good. Thanks Aunt Ashley.



By the way, that week Alex also got her eye brows waxed for the first time. My friend Heidi took pictures, but never sent them to me. She was a good sport. Her eyebrows went all the way into her eyelids. I would try and color them for dance and it just looked crazy. I was getting mine done and put her in the chair first. The middle pull didn't hurt, but the two underneath the brow hurt a bit. She was tough and a good sport. They look so much better. Yesterday I plucked a few stragglers and she was so giddy the whole time. Finally I told her to calm down or it would hurt. I think she realizes that it doesn't hurt that bad. To be beautiful is painful sometimes.


While the girls were off track we went to lunch at Geckos and to the Aquarium. The Aquarium was an hour event. It was cool. The girls were afraid to touch the sting rays, but finally they both did. The octopus was very cool. Renn took Adri and Kaden a couple weeks before while we were at dance. What's new! I love hanging out with the two of them. It's like being with friends.

The aquarium and their cute new shirts. They think the shirts look like Buckle shirts. We went shopping, park, ran lots of errands, cleaned house, and hung out.
This is my buddy Marijka on her 16th Birthday. My girls helped me find 16 things that were sweet since it was her Sweet 16th b-day. That took us half the day. Stuff like sweet nail polish, chapstick, lotions, socks, and more girly stuff. It all had sweet in the title. She babysat my kids when we first moved in and would come talk to me all the time. I was her activity day leader when we first moved in and we became close. I love this girl. She joined the VL club. For all of you that never became a member at 16 LIKE ME, it's the virgin lip club. You have to be sweet 16 to join that club. I always told her she could do it and she did. She's sweet, fun, cute, always complimenting me, took good care of my kids, wholesome, a little lady and I love her!

Abby went to her friend Haileys one day off track and did tumbling for 3 hours. She paid for it. She hurt her foot doing a round off back hand spring. She's not sure how it happened because she does those all the time. She was told not to dance or walk for 5 days. Competitions in three days and we disobeyed. She seemed good enough to do a 2 minute dance. It was nationals and this is what we train for all year. She danced and did great. It was sore after, but that's it.


SPRING DANCE RECITAL 2009!!!! BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
This is the night the girls slave for all year. They perform their competition dances along with put on a fabulous ballet and this year it was Beauty and the Beast. We had to be there Tuesday from 3:30-9:00 p.m. for the rehearsal. I had to check them out of school. Wednesday, May 27th was the big day. They had to be there at 4:00 p.m. and it started at 5:00 p.m. Another long night. Alex is in her ballet picture above and she is on the bottom left. My girls change so many times, I can't take their cute pictures out by the trees and stuff anymore. They have quick costume changes. The stage is the best I can get and it's not that good, but it will do. Abby has the green grapes on her head and won the Most Improved on her team this year. She truly deserved it. All the girls would watch her because Abby knew the dance and counted it. I'm so proud of her for working so hard. Good job Abby!!


Grammie came for the whole night. Renn met us there at five and stayed the whole night too. Kaden and Adri were good sports as long as they had a snack. I love this night. It's long and there is a lot of anxiety, but all the driving and time pays off watching them dance. Their ballet dances are so beautiful and this is the only time I get to see them.



This is Abby in her Belle ballet costume and her Beast Hip Hop costume. Both costumes were really cute. The dances were awesome too. I just love watching her improve every year.

This is Alex in her lyrical and Hip Hop. She is getting so good that watching her amazes me. I can't believe my 11 year old can dance. I never could dance, but I always wanted to. I could only SWING and LINE DANCE. I was good and I loved it. But this I was conned into. My girls started their little ballet class at 3 years old. Who knew that it escalated into something like this. Their life!!! My Life. Good thing they love it because those choose it. The end of the night. Abby had 4 costume changes and Alex had 5. Big night. Renn took Kaden home right after Alex's last dance and we stayed for a couple more. It was almost 10:00 when it ended. It's kind of sad. You become so use to all the craziness and then it's over suddenly in one night. Fabulous year Alex and Abby. I have loved watching you, driving you and being with you. Renn, I'm sure, has enjoyed paying for it and babysitting a ton.

Another tradition. Shakes again. Abby got reeses, Alex got oreo mint, and I got raspberry cheesecake my new fav. We all deserved it. Run later.
The next day after school Grammie brought over flowers. Renn thinks the girls should get flowers OR shakes. You got to love him for being practical and watching his pocket book, because that's how we have made it in life. I on the other hand, think they deserve both. My mom agrees and brought over flowers. The girls were so excited. They deserve it. If you notice Abby she is in a dance outfit. She tried out today at a new dance studio in South Jordan with all of her friends from the ward. She has been going to AED for 7 years and loves it, but her friends are not there. This is her choice and I support her. That night they asked her to come back to the top try outs the next day. What!!! This is a big compliment to her. She tried out Thursday from 430-830 p.m., then went back Friday from 430-930 p.m., then Saturday from 9-1:00 p.m. She has had the busiest week ever. They told her on Saturday she needed her mind made up whether she was coming there or not. One of the teachers is in my ward and I called to talk to her. Abby was trying out with the teenagers. Talk about intimidating. They want her on the top level of companies. Not the top company, but the top levels. She said it's about ability not age. She said her spot, leaps, and toe touches were awesome and she could do doubles. Whatever that all means. This will be a hard year for her. She will have to work hard. Abby always says "I don't care." This time it's up to her. Friday after school, she told me she wanted to try it for one year at Local Motion. Now I just have to talk to my good friend Anne at AED. I'm not looking forward to that talk. I will have two girls competing at two different studios, more driving, more competitions, more recital, more practices, but I'm willing to do it. Alex would never leave AED. Her life is there and all her best friends. This will be an even crazier year ahead. Abby danced hard on Saturday. The tryout dance was fast and hard. I just told her to do her best, because they don't expect the little ones to pick it up as well as the older girls. We will see what happens. Kudos to her for not being
intimidated and doing it!!!!!

A relaxing 30 minutes. After all this girl time craziness, I relaxed with Alex in our first mother/daughter pedicure. Alex got a gift certificate for her b-day and we used it Saturday. It's so fun having daughters and watching them grow up and having fun with them. I love all three of them and can't wait for the years ahead.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like a fun time! Especially dance competitions and pedicures! Your girls are getting so big I really can't believe it. I mean I remember being 11 and everything and your daughter is that age!!!! They're good girls!

tawny said...

I think you are one of the busiest momma's I know! Did you really stay like 191 hours at skyline?? That is craziness but also FUN at the same time. I think I would like that...watch my kiddos, chit chat with the mom's, hit cafe rio...What a great time!

Also, your girls are beautiful. Seriously they look so great in their costumes..and WOW those costumes are fab. They look expensive and oh so cute!

Love the highlights for the girls...you are giving me ideas for Ashlyn..hmmmm. Pedi's and mom times! So fun! This is what OUR lives are all about! good times!

p.s WE should ALL plan a mommy daughter date together with all of our girls...wouldn't that be awesome?!

Nancy said...

Wow, holy long post again! I love seeing all the pics of the stuff I have already heard about. It's so fun that you have all of this history journaled now.

I can't believe your life is going to get crazier than it already is. Really, it makes me tired when you say the blocks of time that you are at functions!

The dances and costumes look cute, I'm sure your girls are amazing to watch!! They are lucky you are so supportive and will thank you when they win the mirror ball on Dancing with the Stars.

Jana said...

Oh my gosh!! What a post!! You are aso on top of it all! Your girls are getting so grown up....beauties. I love the highlights.....I have thought about with Britt!