MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND!!!
(Madness)
Friday afternoon was crazy. We had a primary activity, babysitting job and dance pictures. Here is a before and after of Adri. I couldn't get her to take her glasses off for the dance pictures. Oh well at least she loves them. I could be fighting her to wear them.
Then Kaden and Renn did yard work all day together. They washed the outside windows, pulled out another dead tree and cleaned up the back yard. The girls and I were off to HANNAH MONTANA. Alex kept saying for weeks that she did not want to go with us, but in the end she couldn't resist. She says she doesn't like Hannah anymore. Well she liked the movie and so did I. Adri was adorable in the movie. She sang the songs loud and watched the show so intensly. She loved it. Abby also liked the movie, but not our group picture. I loved sitting there with my girls and I teared up thinking about how much I enjoy and love being with them. They are my best buds.
We came home at 6:30 p.m. to a homemade buttermilk pancake meal with all the fixins (homemade whipping cream too). Renn is so awesome. I was so happy dinner was done. No better Mother's Day surprise.
Mother's Day was fabulous. I was still sleeping in bed at 8:15 a.m. when there was a knock on my bedroom door and little voices saying "Happy Mother's Day." I got breakfast in bed on a tray. There was a breakfast burrito, bacon and bananas. Renn fed the other kids while I ate peacefully in my bed. He asked me all day what he could do to help me. I got a new phone and some other goodies. My kids all gave me cute cards and fun poems. The kids sang in church and I loved that.
After church we went to Grammie's for dinner. The boys all brought things and Renn made homemade ice cream. Fabulous dinner. There was a rule that no women were allowed in the kitchen. I think we snuck in a bit to help out. That's our nature. Here's all the Robison girls except Alli in North Carolina. We were thinking of you Alli. Ashley, Heather, Dawn, Grammie Girl, and ME!!! I love my mother. She is such an example to me of hardwork and dedication to everything she does, her family, church, home, and community. She is an awesome Grammie and Mother. I hope I can be half the mother she has been to all of us kids. I love you MOM. Renn's mom taught Renn how to be an excellent father and husband. I couldn't ask for better. She raised such a fun family and we love her and miss her this day. She too is a mother of hardwork and dedication to everything around her.
I couldn't ask for a better life and a better job than being a mother. It comes with all the ups and downs but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love being the mother to Alex, Abby, Adri and Kaden. I only hope I can raise them and be an example to them the way Renn and my mother were to us. Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
7 comments:
phew!
I am exhausted reading your post! Life is so so so busy for us mommas with all of our kiddos but honestly I don't think any of us would change it. It's so great to watch our kids do well at dance or score a goal at soccer, it is what life is about! I don't get a monetary bonus so watching my kids excel is MY BONUS!
loved your mom's day, Renn was good to you and it looked like a great day with the girls- you are all so cute! AND I cried to when my kids sang in church and wrote me sweet cards--that's our bonus again!~
good times, cute family! cya soon
Fun times! Cute lady pic! AND are you always exhausted? :) Missed you all, too!
Happy Mother's Day!!!!
You need a facial or massage after that weekend! Renn did a good job!Is there camera news???
I think that is so funny that Alex like the movie! Just when we were giving her a hard time! Savvy went and saw it that night too - I think Miley moved into my house - that's all I've heard come out of her mouth for days!
Won't it be strange when we are the one staying home and all of our kids and their families will be coming to see us? Crazy!
Love ya!
What a crazy busy weekend! I don't envy your Saturday mornings, that's for sure.
Adri looks so pretty in that first picture w/curlers in her hair. I don't think I've ever seen here w/o glasses on. She looked cute in her dance costume. I didn't think she was competing yet.
I still want to hear what you thought of Miss Saigon. Sounds like you liked it, but I really hope I didn't hype it too much.
Your family get togethers sound fun. Sometimes we miss living by Dave's family for holidays, but most of the time we don't.
I checked blogs early this morning and no one had updated, now I get on before bed and like 5 people have updated - now I'm playing catch-up but yours came up first.
Awww what a sweet Mother's Day. Good job to Renn and your kids! Adri is so cute in her dance costume I can't stand it! And I keep on remembering Abby laughing yesterday and I start laughing out of nowhere and Hallie looks and me and says "what mom?" hehehe! that was funny!
Sounds like a busy weekend!! Fun but busy! I hope you had a fabulous mothers day!!
Oh my gosh! I love that Adri and her little costume! How adorable!
Can't wait for Yellowstone next weekend!!!!
Post a Comment