Friday, June 5, 2009

My Babies are Growing Up!!!!
(Adri & Kaden)


KINDERGARTEN SHOTS!!!!!! He's not really going into kindergarten, but we did them a year early for insurance reasons. The doctor will do it at 4 or 5. Last Sunday, I told Kaden he was getting shots on Monday. He asked if we could go right then. I told him we had to go to church. Then he asked if we could go after. I told them they were closed on Sunday. He must not remember shots. He was so excited Monday morning. It was funny. Here is a before and after. Kaden was 39 lbs. and 42 inches tall. He was in the 80% on both. I think he might be six foot at least. Yay!!!! Kaden was so happy when the doctor came in and he answered all of the questions like a big boy. Then the nurse came in for the shots and the mood changed. The first one wiped his smile away, the second he started whimpering and the third was the same. No crying. I felt so bad for him. I told him he was so tough. Needless to say, he doesn't want shots again. He acts like such a good boy and puts on a good show for others. Why doesn't he do that for me.

KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION AGAIN!!!! This is our second graduation for Adri. We are so proud of her. Last year we put her in private school and held her back. She was struggling. She has made some great progress this year. She is one of my babies. My baby girl. She might struggle always and we are willing to do whatever to help her out. Next year she is going back to Monte Vista Elem. I hope we made the right decision. Her graduation was in the basement of the new school. Renn, Kaden, and Mom attended. The preschoolers sang a couple of songs and then the kindergartners. Adri's teacher, Mrs. Blackwing, has been so loving and patient with her. We loved her.

My cute girl. They sang three songs. The double song, My Country Tis of Thee, Star Spangled Banner. They did fabulous and knew the songs really well. She's been singing them all month everywhere we go. It's so cute. She loves to sing and it doesn't matter what it sounds like.

Mr. Yorgansan handing out certificates. She told me that she had to shake his hand. That was exciting to the kindergartners. Grammie was in North Carolina visiting our cousins and she couldn't make it to the graduation. She would have been there if she were in town.


The next day they had field day and a party for half the day. They played water games with balloons. Adri loved it and said "It was fun." She got a little wet. These are a few of the kids in her class. On the left: Sarah, Hannah, Karinna, Adri, Ethan, McKenzie and Maddy. On the right: Karinna, Jonathan, Adri, Mrs. Blackwing, Jace and Sarah. She had such a fun and crazy class this year. She loved them all and recites their names daily.

Here are my cute babies growing up so fast. Last day of school! Thank you to American Heritage for making this a memorable and progressive year. I hope we make it through the summer with these two!! Now on to first grade! Woo hoo!!!!

3 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Congrats Adri!!! Sorry Grammie couldn't make it because of us, I feel bad about that. And I can't believe Kaden - I've never had a kid ask to go get shots! What a funny kid. :)

Nancy said...

You should have called me when you went in for shots and Natalie and Kaden could have done it together. Wath a tough, cool kid. Natalie gets hysterical when we even TALK about shots. I am dreading that day bad!

Graduation was cute. You were smart to get so close, my pics are all yellow. Oh well, the video turned out good. Adri looks great in her pics and she really did sing them all so good (or so it looked like).

I am going to miss AH. It was a great school and I really do love how much my girls learned and the super small class sizes. Adri did great, I think you've done so much to help her be ready for public.

Have a great weekend! I thought you were already gone for some reason.

tawny said...

Are you home from Heber already?? Did you have so much fun? Did it rain? I want a post on it N O W!!

Hey, Kaden is going to be a hotty!! He is such a cute boy. Brave too, shots are the worst!

I can't believe you have no more babies! WAHOO!! We earned this time...yay!

Hope you drank lots of DC and ate lots of redvines and peanut m&m's!!