Every game this season has been cold and rainy. What kind of fun is that? We have to pull out our winter coats and get our big blankets out to watch a game. This is Kaden's first year playing and I'm afraid he is going to hate soccer because of the weather. So far he has been pretty tough. Abby has played since she was three and doesn't mind the rain. She says it's not even cold. That's because she is running around and sweating. I would love one game with nice weather. Kaden and Abby have both had games and practices cancelled because of the weather. The weekends are full of rain every week. The 7 day weather report calls for rain this Saturday also. What's up with that. I love watching the kids run around when they are young and just kick where ever. It's so fun to watch. Kaden is getting aggressive and I hope he has that special drive or fire to win. Abby keeps up, but I think she is losing that fire. It's fun to sit and yell, but not too loud like RENN. Grammie and Papa come to most of the games and freeze with us. At least we are outside.
We always seem to be at Cafe Rio every dance competition. The girls were so funny Friday night. Every time the workers would yell "Free Meal," the girls would yell it back and do the free meal dance. It got louder and the dance got bigger every time. They were dancing on the tables and dancing all around the restaurant by the end of the night. Heidi and I sat in the back and video taped them. Heidi and I always end up with more girls than we bring. We are the partiers. The cool moms!!!! I don't know why else they would all come with us. Then we headed back to our fabulous hotel and the girls went swimming. Heidi, Sean and I sat around and talked for hours. The swim pool was full of screaming girls. It was as loud as a rock concert. Then Heidi and I took an ice cream run to Artic Circle for raspberry cheesecake shakes. Divine!!!! We stayed up until after 1: a.m. laughing the night away. We had an adjoining room with 5 girls next door. Need I say more.
Heidi has been my best bud for almost 10 years. The first Sunday I walked into Sacrament and sat by this cute family with one daughter-I knew I wanted her to be my friend. She also brought cool things to entertain Alex during sacrament. She helps me whenever I need it, she listens to me complain about everything, she's seen me at my worst and best, she's seen me through three pregnancies and took care of my kids, she's my kid's other grandma because she spoils them, she's always there for soccer and dance, we've been to girls camp together, on the activities committee together, boating and swimming together, had surgeries together, and raised our families together. I love going places with her. She knows me so well and we all have a really good time together. I love these girls weekends and I love watching my girls dance. I just wish they were longer.
We made it back in time for Abby and Max's soccer game. Heidi's husband, Mark, is the coach. Sure enough it was raining again and I didn't take any pictures of the kids just Heidi and I. What a weekend!!! I think I will take dance over soccer for now. When I can get a tan at a soccer game I might change my mind.
6 comments:
Wow Nat! What a weekend! Sounds like so much fun! Your such a cool mom for doing all those fun things with all the girls, and I don't blame you for liking dance more than the rainy soccer. Kaden does look super handsome though! We will see you this weekend I am sure!
What a fun weekend!!! I never thought I would like dance but now I'm singing a different toon. Too bad for Ashley that mom didn't pull her head out till she was 7...hopefully she will be as awesome as your girls one day.
I still remember when Alex did an entire routine for me at Arctic Circle and I was floored that she could move like that - and that was like 1 year ago!
What a fun time and what great pics you took. I am loving this blogging business, I feel like I am right there with you! Not jealous about soccer though, probably not going to change my mind on that one.
Wow girl you go!!!!!!
I have to admit when I read this post about dance and how much fun you had, my heart got a little jealous...that will NEVER be me. with 3 boys and 1 daughter who loves sports, I will never have the cute outfits, cute hair, and make-up...!
Your girls look adorable in all of their costumes..... ANd how fun you have found a best friend from it....love that you get to share dance memories with your daughters and then to be in the same ward and soccer...is awesome!
I am so tired of the rain for soccer but we keep on going...Kaden will have the "drive" and Abby is so athletic that she can choose whatever she wants! Austin is finally quitting competitive soccer (6 years of playing!!) and moving on to basketball....as long as the kids are doing something, i am happy..
wow this comment got way toooo long! glad you had fun, your trip looked like a blast... see ya soon!
xoxo
What a FUN trip! Reminds me of my out of state soccer trips. Funny that we were playing soccer but we still had to have perfect done up hair and make-up to play! Memories that will last forever - for you and for them!
Soccer in the rain is my favorite! Maybe not to watch, but to play. So now when I watch in the rain I don't mind because I KNOW how fun it is for them! Keep going! You'll be getting tan and dehydrated soon enough!:)
What fun memories for your girls of all these dance competitions! You guys are always going to remember it and smile! Looks like so much fun!
I agree!! What is the deal with the weather on the weekend?? It always seems to be shizzy for the outdoor games...it was the same way in the fall. The weekend of yours looked crazy but fun. Especially the part about Mexican food 2 meals in a row- you are my kind of woman for sure!! Need there be any other kind of food? I really wanted to do the Logan/hotel thing with Brenna too- Maybe next year...it looked awesome.
Post a Comment