Friday, May 22, 2009

ADRI'S & KADEN'S BIG DAYS!!!!!
Kaden went for his first hair cut by somebody besides MOM. I can only cut one way. Kaden has wanted his hair cut at Cookie Cutters for along time. I wasn't up to cutting it myself yesterday, so off we went. He got to sit in a fire engine truck and got a balloon afterwards. He didn't' get any hair in his nose like he does at home. They do a better job than MOM.
The end result was this fohawk. It's not as crazy as the real mohawk down below.

Kaden was so handsome at his preschool graduation program. Really, Kaden is not graduating and will be attending next year. His older friends were graduating. They sang and said little parts. Kaden was quiet and you could barely hear him announce the birthday song.
During one of the songs, Kaden was concentrating so hard on the right number of fingers. I think it was the Speckled Frog song. Zander, with the mohawk, kept helping Kaden stand up and do whatever. Kaden didn't like this. Zander is a year older. It will be nice for Kaden to rely on himself next year and gain some confidence and independence. He has relied on Zander too much. It's been cute.
They got a certificate and the older kids got a graduation cap. Next year Kade!!!!
The kids served us cake and we did our thank you round. We found the boys outback making mud pies. His school is so fun. They let them do dirty things I wouldn't allow. This week he visited a bee farm and put on bee clothes to get up close. Then they had field day and played in the water and made mud pies. Kaden loves this preschool and I'm so glad I found it. It fits him perfectly. It's going to be a long summer because every morning Kaden asks if he is going to school. Not for a long time.
Then we were off to do hair and makeup. This time of year is notorious for makeup and hair. One more week and I'm free for awhile. Yay!!!! I need a break. Adri is at a different dance studio than Alex and Abby. She is actually at a dance studio here in South Jordan called Local Motion. She has friends there and loves it. The owner and many teachers are in my ward. Irelynd, one of Alex's friends, is also in the picture along with Abby, Adri, and Alex. Adri was so anxious to perform all night.
Adri and her best friend Allie. Cute little posers.
Adri and her little class. She loves this little class. This is her first year doing tap. She loves it. She is also doing ballet and trying to catch up with her class in tap. Their outfits are adorable. They danced to "I Feel Like a Woman" and shook their booties.
Right before the show, they had a prayer circle and joined hands. It was the coolest thing ever. All the dancers from the whole studio gathered together and the owner said the prayer. After the prayer they did a big Local Motion cheer and they were off. It brought chills. I loved the team togetherness.
Renn does not look happy. He had gum surgery that morning and is on pain pills. He was falling asleep between dances. We drove two cars and I worried about him driving home. He made it. Of course Grammie Girl was there to watch. She was running to a church meeting right after. The girls and I stayed to watch all of their school, church, and neighborhood friends. It's tradition and we couldn't break it so we stopped for shakes and ice cream. My fav!!!!
I have one more dance rehearsal, recital, and try outs and then we get a much needed brake. I can do it. I love watching these kiddos grow up. It makes me sad how time flies. My baby will be in kindergarten next year. He is getting kindergarten shots in a couple of weeks. I must be getting old, but at least we are all having fun doing it together.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey Nat, you're not MIA anymore...good job getting your posts caught up before Yellowstone. Kaden's graduation looks cute, they really make things fun at that school don't they? I hope Addie can go in a couple of years.

Adri looks cute in her outfit. I think it would be fun to watch her dance w/music instead of on your driveway. I bet you need a break from dance, I just read all about it and I'm tired.

Renn looks even more frowny than usual. He must have felt like crap, what a good sport to go. Have a fantastic time at Yellowstone and stay away from the bears!

Sorry I missed you this morning, Emmy decided she needed a little snack...at 3:30 a.m. - dang it!

tawny said...

Oh my cute fohawk! I love fohawks or mohawks for the boys! Love the new summer cut for cute Kaden.

... and I can't believe your baby is almost in kindergarten! we are getting OLD but YOU still look so young and HOT! woohoo girl! (glm's all the way!)

and Adri's dance class looks awesome, she is so darn cute. I love the green dance costumes. Love that they pray and do a cheer..I would get chills too!

You are a great mom and SOOOO busy too. Aren't we glad it is almost summertime- we get a BREAK!!!

Have so much fun in Yellowstone. I hope Renn feels better too. Don't get hit by a moose or a bear!! have fun girl-

Jenn said...

I am glad you explained why Renn looked so down,...he was nice to go. Kadens hair looks cute (Jensens favorite hairstyle for years now). See you at the recital??!?