Tuesday, February 17, 2009

VALENTINE MADNESS

Kaden had the first Valentine party on Thursday. I sent a whole bunch of fixins for sugar cookies because I had to be at the elementary volunteering. Kaden does better when I am not there. They played games, decorated cookies, and passed out Valentines. He loved his first Valentine's party.
Adri was excited to do her Valentines for Friday. She had been talking about her party all week.

Abby was excited that I was helping with her class party.

On Friday, Kaden and I went to Abby's class at 10 a.m. She had bingo, matching, bubble gum game, and fruit pizzas for her party activities. Kaden followed her around. She was so happy to have him there. Kailey is her best friend next door sitting by her.

Then at 11:15 a.m. we wandered to Alex's class party. They also decorated sugar cookies, played limbo, ring toss and passed out Valentines. The kids are so crazy and full of energy. I wonder why. Rose and Erica are in the background. Alex loved having Kaden visit too.

Then a bite for lunch and off to Adri's class. She dotes over him. Aren't they cute. They may fight, but they love each other.

Adri has ridiculous parties. First they had a story with candy hearts to eat while they were listening. Then they decorated mailboxes. Next they had gigantic cupcakes from Costco. None of the kids ate their cupcakes very good. Kaden licked off all the frosting. Then they played three games, fish, stick the lips on the lady, and a relay. They got prizes and treats for each game. There is a head room mother that does this all and we show up to help. She must spend a fortune. I don't understand. Adri's class was mass chaos and exhausting. I like the older kid's parties.
One of the prizes. Hot lips!

This year the kids each got a little something on the beds during the day. Adri got a tea set and some of her favorite candy.
Kaden got a bat that he has wanted since Christmas with his favorite candy. Kaden was really in time out in his room when his prize appeared by his door. He wondered what it was for. He was confused. I told him the Valentine bunny came and he was so excited. Then I told him it was from mommy and daddy.
Alex and Abby were gone all day at sleepovers. They came home at 4:30 p.m. to babysit. They had some scarfs and favorite candies on their pillows with a heart note from mom and dad. I love my kids and I want Valentines to be memorable, but not Christmas. I don't buy them much during the year except for b-days and Christmas, so this was a small token of our love for them.
Renn and I escaped for the night to La Frontera for smothered love and a movie. I really look forward to nights out with Renn away from the kids. We now are spoiled with a built in babysitter and it sure is nice. Thanks Renn for being my Valentine!

1 comment:

tawny said...

Ahhh you sound as crazy as I was!!!! Why do we do so much?? Probably because we know that our kids love it when we volunteer!! and we also know that one day they won't think we are so dang cool and won't want us around as much :)

I agree with you about vday treats for the kids...it's not Christmas or bday..they don't need that much to know that we love them! I like the hot lips...cute!

oh and I LOVE the built in babysitter...it's about time, we deserve it!! YAY