
Today was dress-up as a book character day. Alex and Abby both found a Junie B. Jones book to dress up like. Abby is the funniest. She has on a pair of Kaden's glasses. She was so excited to go dressed up. Little did we know that Alex would be coming home with her first rose. In a previous post I talked about the poparatzi taking her pictures. Well now one of them, Austin, gave her a rose. She said earlier this week Trevor asked her which rose color was her favorite. Alex didn't reply. Austin gave her the rose this morning in line before school started. She simply said Thanks and that was it. I would have been humiliated and probably went home sick. She walked in at 1:45 p.m. and showed me the rose. We both sat there laughing. She had the biggest grin. She is such a good sport. She had to call some friends from dance and her dad to tell all. Kids crack me up.

It's a pretty pink rose. On a side note, a couple months back I thought blogging was for braggers. Now I am a big fan. It helps me capture all of these fun moments I share with my kids that I probably would have forgotten. I simply take the time to smell the roses more each day and I believe this blog has helped me to do so. Thanks for always sharing your lives with me and letting me learn from you.
3 comments:
Oh. my. gosh. we have girls old enough to get roses from the boys...ohhh the conversations we will have when are kids start dating....I. am. afraid.
Okay, so true about the brag/blog thing. I love that we will have all the "little moments" on the blog. I would never had remembered half of them, so I am glad you and me started..(about the same time...right?) WE will have to thank Robyn for that one...
C you Monday night for GNO... we will have to talk about our girls and roses....:)
Is it weird that I find some peace in your post? Peace, because I am not the only one with and OLD child! I remember the day she was born...and now getting roses from dang boys! She is beautiful and it is the first of many, I'm sure! I could just picture you laughing about it!
I love that you blog and that you are glad you started. I love reading your posts, I feel like we know eachother so well from dinners, but now we get to know each others families and funny thoughts and see pictures and we get to know when our kids get their first roses...love you!
I'm glad you and Tawny get to go through the girl thing before me. That looks even scarier than my teenage boy!
Wow, now it will never end!
Post a Comment