Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2 Baptisms and 1 Blessing!

My kids love going to Roosevelt. When we all get together, there are 27 grandkids with one more due in a couple of weeks. On Friday my girls had a sleepover with the Pippert girls. We are so happy they do not live in Idaho anymore. Now we get to see them every time we go to Roosevelt. They had their sleepover after rootbeer floats and hugs from Grandma and Grandpa McBride. Rootbeer floats are tradition at the McBrides. Saturday morning, Adri, Catie, and Kaden went to the school park by 8:30 a.m. That is their favorite thing to do when sleeping at McBrides.
Adri and Taylor. Taylor was baptized and was now ready to eat and play.
Oakley, Alex, Zoe, Morgan and McKenzie. McKenzie was also baptized and ready to play dodge ball. Dinner had to be at the church because the McBrides are way too big.

Cody, Riley, Chesney, Rae and baby Prezlei. Prezlei was blessed after the baptisms.

Renn spending some time with his brother's family.

Jordy and Heather live in Roosevelt and are apart of the family. I love their little boys.

I know this picture is sideways. I am sorry but if I try to turn it, it will delete. Dillan and Chase were on a team against all the girls and little kids. They liked it that way. Once in a while a little one would try to play on their team.

This is a picture of most of the kids on the other team. I couldn't fit them all in so there are some missing. The little ones got hurt a couple of times.

They all went over to the school park after the baptisms, blessing, and linner. In the back is Grandma and Grandpa McBrides house. It's so nice to have the school park across the street and it was a nice day for winter.



Zoe, Chloe, Daxton, Oakley, Adri, Kaden and Conner. That evening it was buttermilk pancakes at Grandma McBrides. One of their specialties. It started off as our family and Roxy's family. Pretty soon another family dropped in and then another family dropped in and Grandma was feeding all the McBrides in shifts. Five of her children's families were fed around the table in shifts. They had to keep making more homemade pancakes. There is nothing better than homemade buttermilk pancakes.

The older kids. Alex, Morgan, Abby and Marissa.

Everyone went home and got babysitters and came back to play cards. (Eric, Becky, Ted, Rena, Me, Cody, Rae's arm and Prezlei's head) We love to play cards every night when we are in Roosevelt. This time we learned a new card game "GOLF." It's a lot of fun and Grandma always sets out munchies. It was nice and peaceful and the mess was all cleaned up from the pancakes. It was adult time.
On Sunday we went to the McBrides church and came home to a fabulous dinner. Renn's parents live in the same house Renn grew up in. Everyone knows him when he goes to Roosevelt. They all say things like Renn had a reputation and he was well know around Roosevelt. I think for mischievious things. I wonder which of my children will act like him. Grandma McBride is a fabulous cook. She keeps a clean home and is notorious for having anything in her house you need. Before we loaded up, the kids had to have one last rootbeer float. Thanks Grandpa! We love staying there. I know the noise and confusion is hard on them because they are not use to it anymore. We sure appreciate their hospitality and enjoy visiting.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

You guys are going to move to Roosevelt aren't you? Don't do it! If you move anywhere go to Heber and I'll go to!

tawny said...

You are not moving to Roosevelt..I know you...you would DIE without Target, the mall, and Costco.

Oh and us..... the "GNO's!"

btw, cute fam......

sue said...

How did I not know that you have a blog? I added you to my list so be good, I'll be checking in on you!

tawny said...

oh wait, i didn't mean the GNO's, I meant the GLM's!! You know what that means girl!

Glad you had a fun Vday too!! Mexican is delicious....! Can't wait for next mon...