Sunday, February 1, 2009

ADRI's BACK for MORE!

Adri has always loved attention, but I wish she would stop! Thursday at 11:15 a.m. I took Adri to get her stitches out. She moaned, but overall it wasn't bad. Then at 7:oo p.m. Thursday night we had to take Adri to the ER for arm x-rays. She was doing cartwheels at the neighbors off of a chair and fell on her arm or elbow area. She came home screaming and crying. We couldn't calm her down. I asked her if she wanted a bath and she did. That didn't calm her down. We could not get the story of how she got hurt because she was so upset. Our home teacher is an ER doctor and Renn called him at home first. He looked at her swelling arm and met Renn at Alta View for x-rays. They were home by 9:00 p.m. I'm telling ya Home Teachers are there for a reason. This is the second time he has met Renn at Alta View. The first time was for Kaden's broken arm when he was two.
Eddie could not see anything on the x-ray, but her arm was swollen. He put her in a hard removable cast and then wrapped it. She is suppose to wear a sling also. Eddie was going to have the radiologist look at it Friday morning and call us if they found anything.
So dramatic! Adri usually is smiling, but the last two posts are dramatic looks. Adri woke up that night for pain meds, but Friday she seemed a ton better. Eddie called and there is not a break. Eddie said if there is a break in this area it usually requires surgery because it is by a growth plate. We are so relieved. It's sprained or hyper extended. Whatever-she still has to wear a cast and can't go skiing with Renn and Kaden or to tumbling. Eddie wants her to wear the cast for 5 days, look at it, and then take it off if it feels better or wear it for another five days if it's not better. She's been a good sport. She loves to show everyone and loves the attention.
I go to the doctor at least once every two weeks or once a week. I go for Alex and Abby's orthodontist appointments, Adri and Kaden's eyes, Adri's behavior counselor and all the in between. Our family is always going to the ER or instacare for something. At least we are still alive, in one piece and can afford our medical bills. I think Renn and I don't get excited over anything medically related anymore because it's just another day at the McBrides!

6 comments:

JW and Alli said...

I'm kind of laughing - not that it happened, but that it is sooooo the story of your life with kids! Tell Adri we love her and hope her arm/elbow feels better soon! :)

Jana said...

Nat...she is so cute though! Funny! They are going to start think it is you hurting your kids...or is it?! J/K Good luck!

OUR STORY said...

Nat-
What the crap, you guys are always in the hospital, but good thing it is you and not Lindsay!! :)

tawny said...

Natalie!
Oh my gosh!! In the E.R. again? I feel for you...how crazy. I am sad for Adri but I am more sad for you because you are the momma who deals with all of the stress and worry. I swear our lives never stop and there is always something going on...you are such a good mom to your kids and you are strong...I admire that about you! It looks like we all desperately need a girls night SOON! good luck girl and I hope Adri is okay :)

Robison's said...

Nat, when I saw Adri this last weekend, I thought she ooked like she had been beaten up! She had a black eye, and her arm in a sling. Poor girl! She is so cute though!

Lindsay said...

You and the hospital....maybe you should become an ER nurse when your kids are all in school so you can feel useful. She's so cute little Adri. And I swear everything you write about Kaden cracks me up. I can't believe he can ski! I totally want to take Hallie and try. And his shaving kit is the best!!! I want to see him do it.