Tuesday, January 6, 2009

TIME FLIES-MY Y2K BABY IS 9! New Years

Every New Year's Eve there is a party at the McBrides. Every year it's different depending on who is around. This year Abby had a full day. She had two parties today.! Lucky Girl. Renn and I went to the gym that morning. We were afraid the kids would wake up and unwrap the presents. To our surprise they did not. I would have been mad and sad. Abby wanted to open her presents immediately. We broke out the cameras and went to it. Look how her pretty presents match her p.j.'s. That was not planned, but picture perfect.
Abby got Kit from American Girl Dolls amongst other things. She also got an I-home stereo for her ipod. She gets two Christmases within one week. We always make sure that she does not feel like she is getting Christmas leftovers and that her day is special even though it's close to Christmas. She loves it and never complains.
Abby almost changed her mind and told me one day that she didn't want Kit anymore. I had ordered it in November and already had it. When your b-day is right after Christmas you have to have all the presents before Christmas because there's nothing left. I'm glad she changed her mind and decided she wanted Kit afterall.
On December 29th, 1999, I went in for my doctors appointment. I was dialated to a five and my doctor told me he was on call on New Years Eve and he would start me that day. Renn was so excited for a tax deduction so we went for it. I was concerned about Y2K, but Dr. Hansen reassured me that he would be with me and nothing would go wrong. I was up for having a baby two weeks early. It was the best and most memorable New Years Eve. I was started early that morning and had her around lunch. We had a pizza party that night in my room. My brothers, Alli and Jay, Alex, and Grammie and Papa all came that day. Alli watched the delivery and decided to try for a baby and had Emma 9 months later. Thus every year since, we do something to make Abby's day a party and you all celebrate Abby's b-day every year. Thanks for joining in the party. Abby is very sweet and sensitive, but loud and crazy also. She never knows what she likes the best because everything is fine. She's pretty easy going. She loves to play and if there is no one around she goes crazy. She's a mover. We love you Abby!
Abby had a b-day party with some friends. It's a hard day because lots of people have their own plans or are out of town. All of her friends came except two. We did pretty good. We had Justin, Nina, Bree, Eliza, Emma and Lexi. Sadie was there also but didn't want to be in the picture. She was on one that day.
My kids pick their cake out for their b-days. I'll do whatever. This year we had our yummy festive peppermint ice cream and oreo cake with candy cane chips on top. We made one for the party during the day and one for the night family party.
We found a better hill in DayBreak by the community garden. It was just perfect for all these girls and a couple boys. They were there for at least 2 hours. We had to make them leave. The snow was starting to melt and we were afraid we wouldn't be able to go sledding. Abby has wanted to go sledding for her b-day all year. Then the snow came and we went for it. It was warm and we had to shed layers after going up and down the hills so much. Sadie decided to join this picture.
Silly girl from North Carolina. Emma doesn't know what to do in the snow. Her boots came off after she sled down the hill and she ran up to my mom and I IN HER SOCKS and asked us to put her boots on. Needless to say, she had to go back to Grammies and get a fresh pair of socks because her feet were cold. She is so silly. We all had a good laugh.

Abby with her cousins Justin and Emma drinking hot cocoa. It wouldn't be sledding without hot chocolate.
Alex of course needed a picture of herself. She asked me to take one and then posed. She is in to herself and loves photos of herself. She cracks me up. I wish I had that much confidence when I was her age. I hope she goes far with it. She looks really cute I have to say. She got a little stir crazy and had to tease everyone. The older sister. That's what my older brother David would do and still does.
Aunt Alli, Adri and Lexi colliding. Lexi and Adri kept busy all day. We never had to carry a sled or help them at all. They are getting so big. They are 5 weeks apart and very cute together.
Now it's Uncle Jay's turn for the cool moon boots. Everyone wants to wear them. Little Jay kept going up and down the hill. He loved it. He would go by himself most of the time. He is a daddy's boy.
Renn was keeper of the hot chocolate. Doing his job.

Kaden is such a cute boy. He is very sweet and always wants a kiss and a hug from me. He always tells me and Renn that we are his friend. Those things make up for his naughty times. He loves his hot chocolate.

Lexi and Adri staying busy and loving it. Giggling the whole time.

Abby and Emma going down the crazy way. Giggling the whole time.

Kaden wasn't so brave at first. Renn tricked him in to going down the hill by himself. He would pretend like he was on the back of the sled and then slide off and send Kaden down alone. Kaden crashed and whined a couple of times. Then he was going down backwards, crashing, and asking "Was that a good crash" and loving every minute of it. We were tired and hot from going up and down the hill.
Abby, Kailey and Nina. These three use to be inseperable. One lives right next door and the other use to live across the street. Nina has moved and they all miss her. Abby and her are 3 days apart.
That night we had a pizza party at our house with all the family. Pita even stopped by for a visit. We love babies and she sure is beautiful. I don't know how Matthew produced such a cute baby. She must look like Ashley. Grammie and Aunt Alli admiring the new one.

We finally hooked up the Wii again. We took it to Lake Powell in October and have not hooked it up since. Our kids never asked for it. It was a hit that night and the kids couldn't quit playing it. It's nice to put away toys and get them out later. It's like a new toy. Kaden and Justin are taking turns. Some take turns better than others.

The night has come to an end. We had G&G Nelson, Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bobby, Bass family, Matthew's family, Justin and Grammie and Papa. The kids all had fun. We played Yahtzee, Phase 10 and Seven. The kids loved the Wii and playing downstairs. That night Adri slept at Grammies with Lexi and Emma and Justin stayed at our house. Renn and I went to bed at midnight and sent the kids downstairs. They stayed up until 2:30 a.m. and then slept in. It was the best New Years with all the family around.
Happy 9th B-day Abby. We all love you and thank you for letting us have a party for you every year.



















4 comments:

tawny said...

Did I know Abby was 9?? Really? Wow, time does fly fast! I forgot you had her so close to the New Year!
Looked like your day(s) were sooo fun! I love it when the fam is in town. Good times..

JW and Alli said...

Holy Blogging! It was so fun to see all the cute pics. We had an awesome week. It was such a fun visit to Utah! Kiss the kids for us! :)

Robyn said...

I love all your Holiday Pictures! I am a proud blogging friend. You are way better at it than me! All of my posts are weeks late! So fun to see you and your sis together! Happy Birthday Abby. Lucky girl!

Jana said...

Nat...we are the same page this morning. You just left me a comment and I was on her reading about all your fam. fun. Dang...you guys have been busy!!! Looks like you all had a fab. x-mas! Got to love American Girls.