Saturday, January 24, 2009

ADRI'S FUN DAY!

For a week, Adri has been so excited for Grandparent's Day at school. She loves Grammie. They have spent a lot of time together and she is a Grammie's girl. This picture is at her b-day because I didn't get any of her on Grandparent's day. Grammie picked up Adri at 8:30 on Friday for school. They got to eat donuts, take pictures, made a frame and spent time with their grandparents until 10:30 a.m. Papa was at the temple and so he couldn't be there. Adri loved going to school with Grammie. Later Grammie told me some things she observed about Adri. She would say "Hi" to everyone, she hugged people and were excited to see them. She is very much a people person and will ask questions and talk to the adults. Adri has been talking to adults since she was less than one years old. We would go to the grocery store and 10 people would talk to her because she was smiling and talking to them. She always has a smile.
Then two hours later the school phoned. I answered and they told me Adri fell and hit her eye on the playground. She was going up the stairs to the slide and slipped. I was so happy she didn't break her glasses. I picked her up and took her to her pediatrician's office. We've had lots of emergency visits, broken bones, health complications, but these are our first stitches.

First they checked it out and told her she needed stitches. She started freaking out. They put some numbing ointment on her eye. I told her she had to hold still or it would hurt her eye. That worked for a little bit. I tried talking about other things, but she was a basket case. I told Adri when I was little I was twirling in the family room and hit the rock fireplace. I got stitches in my forehead. I tried to change the subject. I told her she could pick out make-up if she was good. Today she got a suitcase of make-up. How spoiled! She deserved it.

After it was numb, they stuck the needle in to numb some more. She freaked out when they took the needle out. I was holding her hands and puting my weight on her upper body. The nurse was holding her head still. Then the doctor stitched it up. He put one stitch underneath and then three on the surface. You can't see the stitches very good, but they are there. She was pretty good. Adri got two rings out of the token machine and I also got a ring when I had stitches. Why do I always have to do the holding down and Renn's not around. I guess that's my job. Adri will get the stitches out in five days and hopefully she won't have a scar forever.
That night it was grandparents night for the whole family. Renn's parents spent the night. We had dinner and then Papa brought a surprise. Rootbeer floats! That is a McBride tradition. They love ice cream and root beer floats. Adri loved showing everyone her stitches that night. She had to go to her friends and show them, anyone that came to the door had to see, and especially dad and grandma and grandpa McBride. Kaden keeps saying people are going to laugh at her. Where did he come up with that. He acts like he knows what is going on in life.
We love when G&G McBride come for a visit. Renn and I hang out and catch up and play cards. It was a fun and eventful Friday! Poor Adri!

5 comments:

tawny said...

Oh my gosh...Poor Adri!! Seriously she is so tough!! The pics looked painful. You are a good mom for being able to stay calm and help her through that! What we do as momma's! :)
BTW, Adri is sooo cute!

Robyn said...

We call those 'hot scars' over at our house. All three boys have them and Savvy loves saying that she doesn't...yet! Adri and Carter will have twinner scars!
I agree w/ Tawny, she is so dang cute!

Lindsay said...

Oh my poor little Adri! Her sad little face breaks my heart. You've always got injured kids. That's good because it means they're not scared. I never got hurt when I was little because I was too scared to do anything. And the post about Kaden's cracks me up. He really is OCD. Maybe I should have been his mom, I can understand his compulsiveness. But the picture of him as baby awwww can you believe that was your last baby? Boo hoo! I like your new background too. From cutest blogs on the block?

Robison's said...

Wow, that's quite a day for a little girl! Poor Adri! :( I am glad she is better and had fun with grammy. That is so funny about Kaden. He is such a boy!

Janeen said...

that is so sad! her face says it all